Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-length ejection angle

Feedback Score

Mid-length ejection angle

I was wondering for those of you who have 16" 5.56 Ar15 with midlength gas systems, at what angle does your ar eject? I have one at 3 o'clock and one at 4 o'clock. I now wish I'd gone with carbine length gas just for the increased reliability.

At what o'clock does your middy eject? I am feeling underpowered at 4.
    Last edited by Wow; 07-31-21 at 15:35.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It sounds like your rifles are running perfectly.

4 o'clock ejection alone does not mean the upper is undergassed or unreliable.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I was wondering for those of you who have 16" 5.56 Ar15 with midlength gas systems, at what angle does your ar eject? I have one at 3 o'clock and one at 4 o'clock. I now wish I'd gone with carbine length gas just for the increased reliability.

At what o'clock does your middy eject? I am feeling underpowered at 4.
    Ejection pattern is something you shouldnt care about unless you are having a problem in the first place.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its been said many a time here - ejection angle is not an indicator of anything useful.

If your guns are reliable, who cares if they eject at 4 o'clock or 3?

Andy

I was typing while Vicious posted.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    100% dependant on ammo being used, M855 spits out of my 14.5" & 16" mids at about 3:30-4:00, PMC Bronze dribble out at about 5-5:30 o'clock but still locks back on the last round.

4 o'clock is perfect IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I have a 16” carbine-length gas AR15, and wanted to add a mid-length gun. The carbine-length has been 100% reliable. The new 16” mid-length is short-stroking with top quality .223 69 grain ammunition. Sometimes it won’t lock back on last round, sometimes it won’t grab next round and fails to feed. It ejects at 4 o’clock or so. I haven’t done much troubleshooting, as I was kind of disgusted with it. I realize mine is an uncommon case, but these mid-lengths don’t look so attractive now. I have tried several different magazines and ammunition (.223).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    I have a 16” carbine-length gas AR15, and wanted to add a mid-length gun. The carbine-length has been 100% reliable. The new 16” mid-length is short-stroking with top quality .223 69 grain ammunition. Sometimes it won’t lock back on last round, sometimes it won’t grab next round and fails to feed. It ejects at 4 o’clock or so. I haven’t done much troubleshooting, as I was kind of disgusted with it. I realize mine is an uncommon case, but these mid-lengths don’t look so attractive now. I have tried several different magazines and ammunition (.223).
    You likely have a gas leak. Either the gas block is misaligned or the gas key is loose. There are other possibilities, but that's where I'd start.

What brand of mid-length is it?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You likely have a gas leak. Either the gas block is misaligned or the gas key is loose. There are other possibilities, but that's where I'd start.

This.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post

Both guns I mentioned are Smith & Wesson. The mid is a VTAC II, and the other one is the Magpul model (not that it matters). Thanks for the advice, I will look at what you mentioned next. I did check the buffers, both guns have carbine (lightest) buffers. I always clean and lube a new gun before I ever shoot it, so it was well lubed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Both guns I mentioned are Smith & Wesson. The mid is a VTAC II, and the other one is the Magpul model (not that it matters). Thanks for the advice, I will look at what you mentioned next. I did check the buffers, both guns have carbine (lightest) buffers. I always clean and lube a new gun before I ever shoot it, so it was well lubed.
    Please let us know what you come up with.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast