Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Mid-length ejection angle

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    The reason I started this thread is because my 16" midlength AR would not cycle with my A5 system with a A5 tube and A5-2 buffer. It would extract but cycle. It eject 4oclock now that it is on a carbine lower.
    I do not run it suppressed.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,181
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If it feels weak and won't run with the A5, there may be an issue.

    Like Georgeib said, possibly a leak due to improper assembly or out of spec parts.

    Swapping in a known good BCG can help isolate the source.

    Was this a build or a complete upper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    The reason I started this thread is because my 16" midlength AR would not cycle with my A5 system with a A5 tube and A5-2 buffer. It would extract but cycle. It eject 4oclock now that it is on a carbine lower.
    I do not run it suppressed.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT Covert Comps 7.62, 5.56, 6X, 9mm
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - CAR, MID
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    I paid a gunsmith to assemble it for me.

    -VLTOR MUR upper
    -Criterion made American Defense MFG Hybrid profile Chrome Lined 16" midlength barrel
    -SF Flash hider
    -Sharps DLC BCG and PK Firearms Microbest Chrome BCG
    -Radian CH
    -Griffin Armament non adjustable gas block
    -Aero Melonite black gas tube

    Should my gun cycle with mid length gas and a A5 H2 buffer? I've heard that if it was carbine it should but no mid length because mid length is not overgassed?
    Last edited by Wow; 08-01-21 at 13:30.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    3,671
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I paid a gunsmith to assemble it for me.

    -VLTOR MUR upper
    -Criterion made American Defense MFG Hybrid profile Chrome Lined 16" midlength barrel
    -SF Flash hider
    -Sharps DLC BCG and PK Firearms Microbest Chrome BCG
    -Radian CH
    -Griffin Armament non adjustable gas block
    -Aero Melonite black gas tube

    Should my gun cycle with mid length gas and a A5 H2 buffer? I've heard that if it was carbine it should but no mid length because mid length is not overgassed?
    Nothing to do with mid vs carbine. With an appropriately sized gas port a 16” mid should run all day. I don’t think I’ve seen a 16” mid (or extended mid) in good condition that wouldn’t run with proper ammo and pretty much any buffer. Maybe I missed it, but: What ammo are you using? What spring?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ammo: 5.56 Federal milsurp 55gr
    Spring: standard carbine buffer spring and buffer.
    Last edited by Wow; 08-01-21 at 14:38.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    3,671
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    XM193 should have enough juice to cycle any reasonable 16” gun.

    With the A5-2 system that it does not cycle, you’re using a regular rifle spring, correct? Do you have another BCG to try? Could be leaking a bit around the gas key or something else off about the carrier.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've tried two reputable BCGs. One sharps and one microbest. Made no difference. I can try a different microbest too but I doubt it will make a difference.

    When I was using the A5 system it was the intermediate buffer tube with a green sprinco rifle spring. A5-H2 buffer.
    Last edited by Wow; 08-01-21 at 15:19.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    3,671
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I've tried two reputable BCGs. One sharps and one microbest. Made no difference. I can try a different microbest too but I doubt it will make a difference.
    Interesting. Perhaps its leaking around the gas block, or the little nipple on the tube is undersized or something? I wouldn’t be at all concerned about the 4 o’clock ejection angle, but I do find it a little concerning that it won’t run the A5. Might seal itself up a bit with some more use, but I’d be looking for a gas leak, assuming everything is moving freely by hand with no binding.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    It bothers me because I thought I bought all high quality parts so I was expecting it to work flawlessly out of the box. How the heck are manufacturers still messing up ar15 parts. Maybe my gun smith is bad too, who knows.
    Last edited by Wow; 08-01-21 at 16:06.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Mid-length ejection angle

    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It bothers me because I thought I bought all high quality parts so I was expecting it to work flawlessly out of the box. How the heck are manufacturers still messing up ar15 parts. Maybe my gun smith is bad too, who knows.
    It may not be the parts. It may be the man that assembled it for you. Maybe he installed the gas block slightly off.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 08-01-21 at 16:34.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •