Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-length ejection angle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Please let us know what you come up with.
    I sure will. I’m going to inspect the rifle in the next week, but I will probably wait until this heat lets up before I shoot it again.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Honestly, Smith and Wesson stands by their products and they will take care of you.

Problem gun is a problem gun, does not really what gas system it has.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Honestly, Smith and Wesson stands by their products and they will take care of you.

Problem gun is a problem gun, does not really what gas system it has.

Andy
    *sorry, not trying to hi-jack*
    Yes, and my LGS where purchased would handle the shipping chores. I just needed a pause. I have never had a problem with a firearm that required sending it back to the manufacturer in my life. This past year I had to send two other firearms back, one of which was a Colt Gold Cup Trophy with a cracked frame. Colt’s customer service (by the way) was great, and they replaced the two year old gun within a couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    *sorry, not trying to hi-jack*
    Yes, and my LGS where purchased would handle the shipping chores. I just needed a pause. I have never had a problem with a firearm that required sending it back to the manufacturer in my life. This past year I had to send two other firearms back, one of which was a Colt Gold Cup Trophy with a cracked frame. Colt’s customer service (by the way) was great, and they replaced the two year old gun within a couple weeks.
    I honestly understand needing a pause, man.

Andy

Feedback Score
    My guns only have ~200 rounds through them each. How many do I need to have before it is fully broken in or opened up? How long does it take for the gas port to expand to where it is done being broken in?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    My guns only have ~200 rounds through them each. How many do I need to have before it is fully broken in or opened up? How long does it take for the gas port to expand to where it is done being broken in?
    Throwing it down your driveway a few times is about as good a "breaking in" an AR needs. Seriously just stop worrying about it and just shoot the gun.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 08-01-21 at 02:25.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    There is some mating of parts that occurs and the gas tube seals to the gas block with carbon, but it does not affect function generally and at 200 rounds, your rifles are "broken in". The gas port in the barrel erodes into a cone after enough rounds, but that does not enhance functionality and occurs near the end of the barrel's life.

Echoing Vicious, don't worry about it and just enjoy shooting.

Andy

Feedback Score
    This is a good example of why its important to know how inspect each component. Gauging and measuring removes all uncertainty.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    It sounds like your rifles are running perfectly.

4 o'clock ejection alone does not mean the upper is undergassed or unreliable.
    Agree. ^^^^

I've fired tens of thousands of rounds out of 16" barrels with mid-length gas systems with minimal issues and I haven't heard enough complaints that would lead me to believe they are unreliable.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My criteria:
    Does my rifle complete the cycle of operations?
    Does it do so across the range of loads I use, exp lightest and hottest?
    Does it do so in the weather conditions expected during my use?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast