Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Upper and Lowers

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowspeed-Highdrag
    Edited to add: If you don't sell it. It ain't tier 1. Am I warm?
    Not appropriate or accurate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas
    Not appropriate or accurate.

True, I may like to debate, and sometimes even argue with Grant, but I don't question his integrity.

Yes he may only carry top shelf stuff for sale, but I can think of at least 3 things he sells that would not be considered "Tier 1", but only because he tested them first and found they were a serviceable option. I think he was the first at ar15.com with the Pentagon lights, and one of the first with the SPOT dot sights, and assembled the "Working Man's" light packages.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    You can call it Tier 1-3, or characterize makers as A through C, or give any other number of labels, but it doesn't change that there are different quality levels throughout the AR15/M16 platforms.

Unless I missed something, I don't think Grant is saying anything different than that.
    You are spot on. The tier system is how I break down AR's. I guess some folks don't believe there are different levels of quality. These folks tend to either be a consumers that is married to their selection of gear or an AR manufacturer that doesn't like to be thought of as a lower grade producer.

C4

Feedback Score

600-900 dollars

$600-$900. Its not for me, its for a friend so i dont really care about quality. I was told the cheaper the better. So nothing fancy

It will be a 16 incher, the only thing i was told was he wanted a flattop upper

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usafcustomM4
    $600-$900. Its not for me, its for a friend so i dont really care about quality. I was told the cheaper the better. So nothing fancy

$900 is more than enough to build a quality (reliable) AR I think.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    $900 is more than enough to build a quality (reliable) AR I think.

C4

I agree on that aswell.. my builds fall around that price bracket.

DT!
    "when the innocent are being slaughtered, you know a great evil exists... "

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usafcustomM4

Search the vendors here for your friend. pretty sure he'll get his money's worth. there are some good products to be had, and quality aswell as price.. do it right the first time, and there will be no regrets in the long run. you do get what you pay for.

DT!
    "when the innocent are being slaughtered, you know a great evil exists... "

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can pick up a CMT/ Stag upper (flattop upper with ARMS 40 BUIS) for roughly $525.

You can get an assembled CMT/ Stag lower for around $250.

Push the 2 pins in, and you have a quality, factory weapon for well under $800. It might not be the absolute top of the line carbine, but it will beat out a number of other make AR15 companies for overall quality in its parts.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12