Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DD 16” midlength gassing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Or, be confident that when you buy a top shelf rifle, the engineers know something, and just shoot it.
    Agreed

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Or, be confident that when you buy a top shelf rifle, the engineers know something, and just shoot it.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post

I thought that’s the gas port size of their 14” midlengths.
    I have one and it also gauged at 0.076"...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Or, pop the gas block off and discover that damn near every ‘top shelf’ manufacturer ports barrels for the dirt clod Tula crowd.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Or, pop the gas block off and discover that damn near every ‘top shelf’ manufacturer ports barrels for the dirt clod Tula crowd.
    I'm with 17K. Colt did it right on the 6960 at .071.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Maybe. But it sure seems like every topic about “hey guys, I have a gun that eats ammo” devolves into ****ing with buffers pretty fast.

Feedback Score
    There's probably not a discernible difference between a .071 and a .073 gas port.

Keep in mind that felt recoil is a sum of parts and not just a gas port size. So, barrel length and profile, gas port, BCG efficiency, gas tube interface, buffer system, and overall weight of the rifle.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Maybe. But it sure seems like every topic about “hey guys, I have a gun that eats ammo” devolves into ****ing with buffers pretty fast.
    This is M4C.

A good portion of the crowd demands that their gun run with PMC Bronze, A5H4, Sprinco Green or Geissele Super42.

And then complain about the barrel being overgassed.

Well no shit.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This is M4C.

A good portion of the crowd demands that their gun run with PMC Bronze, A5H4, Sprinco Green or Geissele Super42.

And then complain about the barrel being overgassed.

Well no shit.
    Fix it till it won’t run. I’d bet this is how we ended up with reamed out ports.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    There's probably not a discernible difference between a .071 and a .073 gas port.

Keep in mind that felt recoil is a sum of parts and not just a gas port size. So, barrel length and profile, gas port, BCG efficiency, gas tube interface, buffer system, and overall weight of the rifle.
    I agree to an extent. But, one could at that point argue there's not a discernible difference between .073 and .076, but we know that there's a big difference in felt recoil and gun operating characteristics going from .076 to .071 at the midlength gas port position, or at least that I've been able to notice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast