Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need some Gear! Thoughts on belts, holsters, rigs…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    . My next belt I'll probably try something with a ratchet since that has the ability for a slightly better fit instead of just a hole every inch.
    I picked up a Nexbelt this last spring and am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    AWS Light Assaulter's Belt is good kit. I also like Safariland holsters. A lot.

I use the ALS or GLS holster on my belt and a Safariland GLS holster for concealed carry. I like the more model specific 5378 version of the GLS. It's as positive / active for retention as the ALS but the release is slightly easier / harder to fumble. It's little protection from gun grabs, but it definitely will keep your Glock from flying across the dance floor when you do a sweet back flip. I do occasionally use the Don Hume JIT slide for times when active retention isn't necessarily needed, they carry nice for people who weara belt correctly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    AWS Light Assaulter's Belt is good kit. I also like Safariland holsters. A lot.

I use the ALS or GLS holster on my belt and a Safariland GLS holster for concealed carry. I like the more model specific 5378 version of the GLS. It's as positive / active for retention as the ALS but the release is slightly easier / harder to fumble. It's little protection from gun grabs, but it definitely will keep your Glock from flying across the dance floor when you do a sweet back flip. I do occasionally use the Don Hume JIT slide for times when active retention isn't necessarily needed, they carry nice for people who weara belt correctly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    be real nice if you had a few holsters.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pfft....I've got way more ALS holsters than that......

Truly though, ALS is the shiznit. I've gotten 1 second draws with good hits at 5 yds and .80 at 3 yards with mine.

Lvl I retention that handles like an open-top.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Is it worth the extra $10 or so bucks? I want to get two universal mag pouches for a belt. Was gonna get the hsgi tacos, then saw these.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, it's worth the extra 10 bucks over a standard cordura pouch with no insert, especially on a belt, or for a #1 react-to pouch.

There are three versions though (or there were when I had mine), and there ARE some small differences between each one.
    Which version are you looking at?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Yeah, it's worth the extra 10 bucks over a standard cordura pouch with no insert, especially on a belt, or for a #1 react-to pouch.

There are three versions though (or there were when I had mine), and there ARE some small differences between each one.
    Which version are you looking at?
    Yeah, the biggest advantage they'll have over the tacos is the ability to easily and quickly re-insert the magazine back into the pouch. Tacos can be a pain when doing that.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Yeah, the biggest advantage they'll have over the tacos is the ability to easily and quickly re-insert the magazine back into the pouch. Tacos can be a pain when doing that.
    Interesting, I haven't seen these before. I got rid of my tacos because I had mags fall out after some odd positions in and around barricades, I realized you have to continualy tighten the drawstring to ensure they hold, switched to kiwis which do an awesome job but don't fit multiple types of magazines, ie going from 556 to 7.62nato. This looks promising.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the same topic,

I purchased the Grey Ghost gear belt, with the molle type webbing around the whole outer belt. As far as mounting a kydex holster to this, what am I looking for? Just a molle compatible holster?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    On the same topic,

I purchased the Grey Ghost gear belt, with the molle type webbing around the whole outer belt. As far as mounting a kydex holster to this, what am I looking for? Just a molle compatible holster?
    Either molle compatible or the Safariland UBL would be my recommendation. If you just want a kydex Owb then I would email whichever company your looking at and make sure that they have belt loops that fit with belt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    On the same topic,

I wouldn't suggest a molle holster. BFG tenspeed molle mag pouches are awesome though. The gun is just a bit heavy to be mounting to molle. Gets a little floppy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast