Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some Gear! Thoughts on belts, holsters, rigs…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Safariland 6004 is outdated at this juncture; the SLS only retention isn't terrible, but there's absolutely no reason to not go with an ALS holster, which most folks find easier to draw from, and also automatically locks upon holstering, short of Safariland not offering a holster to fit what you need for ALS. Look to the 63xx series from Safariland, IMO, over the 6004.
    I use what I'm trained with, used to, and good at using. YMMV.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Safariland 6004 is outdated at this juncture; the SLS only retention isn't terrible, but there's absolutely no reason to not go with an ALS holster, which most folks find easier to draw from, and also automatically locks upon holstering, short of Safariland not offering a holster to fit what you need for ALS. Look to the 63xx series from Safariland, IMO, over the 6004.
    I'm a bit confused, the 6004 is not a holster, it just a leg shroud to put a holster on. I have a 6390RDS HOLSTER attached to the 6004 that locks up perfect for my Staccato with Surefire light.

Maybe I missed something ?

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    I use what I'm trained with, used to, and good at using. YMMV.
    Like I said, the SLS only holsters aren't bad; I used one as my retention holster for a long time, and got pretty good with it. But I personally can't think of anyone that would purposely choose SLS over ALS outside of familiarity, which in this case isn't something to be concerned about since they're starting from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I'm a bit confused, the 6004 is not a holster, it just a leg shroud to put a holster on. I have a 6390RDS HOLSTER attached to the 6004 that locks up perfect for my Staccato with Surefire light.

Maybe I missed something ?
    Safariland has multiple products with the 6004 nomenclature is the problem. Typically, folks tend to use 6004 to refer to the Kydex holster (https://safariland.com/products/mode...-holster-19858; there's a 7004 that's also SLS only that's injection molded), while the shrouds are typically just the single leg, double leg, and lightweight. That being said, there's been a move away from those shrouds in the past few years; lot of folks these days just run the Safariland UBL (I believe the CUBL has recently replaced the UBL), and run a leg strap if needed; still totally compatible with MLS and QLS plates, while keeping stuff off your leg, which allows you to run a bit more naturally, lets the gun sit a bit higher, and also allows better drawing from the seated position (e.g., in a vehicle). The True North Concepts MHA is a more Gucci option, too.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-06-21 at 15:06.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Their nomenclature is a nightmare, that is 100%. I really like the QLS because if you want to run it on a belt, you can and if you want one leg strap you can do that. The versatility is what I like and changing belts is a snap. Never heard of True North. I'm afraid to look.

PB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Uhh, ya’ll are starting to lose me. Getting to far into stuff I know 0 about. Ha

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here is a quick question. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the standard tyr tactical mag puch and the tyr “happy” mag pouch are?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Here is a quick question. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the standard tyr tactical mag puch and the tyr “happy” mag pouch are?
    The Happy Mag has a kydex clip inside of the pouch to assist with retention. Like a KYWI pouch.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The Happy Mag has a kydex clip inside of the pouch to assist with retention. Like a KYWI pouch.
    Is it worth the extra $10 or so bucks? I want to get two universal mag pouches for a belt. Was gonna get the hsgi tacos, then saw these.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I prefer simple Tac Tailor or BFG ten speed.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I like the Kywis or HSGI Tacos. Tacos are what I use right now and I love them.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast