Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M4C Official 2021 College Football Thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I have this spidey sense suspicion that Kirby stuck with more a vanilla defense so as not to give anything away for a Championship run. He knew that they would still be in the Championship series with a loss. Expecting to beat Saban and Bama twice is asking a bit much. Waiting until it counts is a plausible scenario. Losing to Michigan would make it a moot point though.
    Could also be that Saban is the GOAT (as much as it pains me to say) and has the ability to get nearly everyone's number before the game. Somehow the man has gone through staff like crazy over the years and still has the ability to reload and continue pulling in 4 and 5 star talent that brings the heat each and every game.

There have been a lot of college greats over the years, but I don't think anyone will ever be able to top what the man has done for the game. And I do pity the person that replaces him when he finally decides to hang up his hat. The expectations are going to be off the chart.

He probably sacrifices puppies to keep at that level too. Just sayin...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Makes no sense. If Georgia beats Bama, guess who they wouldn't have to play again?!

NYH1.
    Agree totally. Beat Bama in the SEC championship and they are done. Georgia plays Cincinnati the 1st game and then plays winner of Michigan and Notre Dame. Just a bit easier than having to play Michigan and Alabama.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Makes no sense. If Georgia beats Bama, guess who they wouldn't have to play again?!

NYH1.
    Yes, but they still have to play 2 more championship games. Not saying it's the guaranteed truth, but Georgia did have the advantage of not needing the win and "giving up" less. I guess we will see how their defense looks in the bowl game against Michigan.

Bama already lost one of their prime receivers.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-08-21 at 19:33.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I am a big believer in the mental aspect of a Bama Georgia rematch. Same season rematches usually end with the winner being the loser of the first game. Bama/LSU in 2011 being an example. LSU won the regular season game 3/0 but got whipped 21/0 in the BCS. Mentally LSU didn't believe they should have had to play Bama twice and it resulted in a lack luster performance. By contrast Bama had everything to play for.
    Should Bama and Georgia meet again Georgia has every reason to play well and and Bama may have that why do we have to play these guys again attitude.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I think Michigan has a better chance against Georgia than most are believing.

Personally I’m excited for the rose bowl, Utah vs Ohio State. Should be a great game, GO UTES!!
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Go Navy, beat Army!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I think Michigan has a better chance against Georgia than most are believing.

Personally I’m excited for the rose bowl, Utah vs Ohio State. Should be a great game, GO UTES!!
    I despise Ohio State on general principles... actually, I despise most of the Big 10 on general principles since their fan bases are absolutely crap. I always cheer for the Pac-12 team in those games.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here we go! We'll see if the real Georgia shows up, or if Smart will always be Saban's bitch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a feeling they would bring it this time. Good on them. Congrats to Georgia.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I had a feeling they would bring it this time. Good on them. Congrats to Georgia.
    Yay... we get to hear grown ass men barking at everyone not wearing UGA apparel for the next year. Or barking at people wearing UGA apparel as well... And the women barking too...

Anyway, one thing I'll give Saban even though he sold his soul to the devil and regularly sacrifices puppies to keep his win streak going. He does lose with class and has always been civil to the winning team and coach. Probably because he knows he'll be back on top next year (again)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast