Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Official 2021 College Football Thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

M4C Official 2021 College Football Thread

A little early, but a lot of moving and shaking out there during this offseason.

The 12 team playoff will be intriguing and a possible "fix" to only four. We'll see how that shakes out

The announcement of Texas and OU leaving the Big 12 and joining the SEC has sent shockwaves through the major programs. I'd tend to think the ACC, Big 10 and Pac-12 are certainly looking at what programs are left that could be additions to their respective conferences.

Notre Dame is probably looking at joining a conference as well if the others go on a "hiring spree."

The Name Image Likeness court decision certainly makes both recruiting and player development far more interesting. It'll be interesting to see how that affects the game when you have significant egos at stake like a certain starting quarterback for Oklahoma that I won't name that's already charging $150 for each autograph and selfie he takes with fans,

I feel like it'll be another Bama-Clemson-everyone else year, but with upsets as usual.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Notre Dame will go ACC if they go anywhere. They are already all-ACC in pretty much everything except football, and they were attached with ACC for football last year.

Conference realignment, all about money, not about anything else. The rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer. Not sure how to make the opportunity for play-offs equitable, but it probably never will be.

Not feeling strong about Clemson this year. Okla State is pretty loaded. It might be their year.

Me, I will be happy if either of my alma maters (Duke, East Carolina) get 6 wins, so....
    Last edited by chuckman; 08-04-21 at 10:00.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    LSU's projected starting quarterback Miles Brennan fell down stairs and broke his arm and is indefinitely unavailable. He missed most of last season with a rare abdominal injury. The boy is fragile, a clutz or unlucky.

Feedback Score
    I kinda feel sorry for all the decent kids that busted their asses and gambled on the dream, but F football. A bunch of woke ass bitches done ruined it for everybody. I could give a flying F about any sports at this point higher than little league and H.S. As far as I'm concerned they can eat the damn shoes they are schilling, they ain't getting my money or my attention.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for all the decent kids that busted their asses and gambled on the dream, but F football. A bunch of woke ass bitches done ruined it for everybody. I could give a flying F about any sports at this point higher than little league and H.S. As far as I'm concerned they can eat the damn shoes they are schilling, they ain't getting my money or my attention.
    Hooahhh!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I am trying to understand all sides of the name/likeness/image debate. I see positives and negatives. Not sure it's a 'woke' thing, more of an 'economics' thing. The whole NCAA needs to just go away but I am not naive enough to think that a multi-headed monster won't just take its place.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I am trying to understand all sides of the name/likeness/image debate. I see positives and negatives. Not sure it's a 'woke' thing, more of an 'economics' thing. The whole NCAA needs to just go away but I am not naive enough to think that a multi-headed monster won't just take its place.
    Having talked to a former college athlete about it, I can understand the "why" behind it and even see it from their point. Universities and others make millions based on a "Mayfield #6" or "Manning #16" jersey or whatever and the athletes don't really have a say or get their cut save the scholarship and associated benefits. Yeah, that's a big deal, but at the same time, when a university is profiting on their likeness or name, it is a bit unfair.

But at the same time, you're going to have people like that arrogant little shit in Norman that really go overboard with it and charge for autographs and selfies. It'll do little more than alienate potential fans.

Like you, I think the NCAA has run its course and really isn't relevant as a governing body any longer. Honestly, if the little birds I hear chirps from are correct, they may end up losing the P5 league colleges in another few years anyway as they go out and start their own governing body. Facing facts here, the SEC, Big 10, Pac-12 and ACC have the power to do just that and the money will follow them.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    On the conference realignments... Supposedly, the Big 10 has already been whispering to Kansas and Iowa State. Neither adds a great deal to the Big 10 save KU at basketball (may Bill Self get trampled by a herd of rabid possums) and ISU brings a football program on the rise and a decent Olympic sports program. But... both are AAU accredited which makes the job easier.

But the Big 12 was also in "talks" with the Pac-12 about a "scheduling alliance" or something to the effect. The Big 12 is effectively dead if they lose anyone else like KU and ISU. it's just a matter of what teams are left without a chair when the music stops and where they land.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Coming from a huge Bama fan, for years I haven’t been at all liking the sway the SEC and ESPN have. Why don’t they just offer ALL the division 1 teams in the US a spot in the SEC?

It’s getting less and less about regional rivalries anyway. So why not just have one big mega conference owned by ESPN where everybody can kiss the ring and get those big dollas in return? Coaches would no longer have to recruit really. They could all feed from the same trough.

In the name of equity, it all must be fair for everyone involved!

As far as likenesses go, I give it less that a year and it will be a circus. Already is practically.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, wasn't talking about NIL when I talked about "woke" shit. Just the woke shit, kneeling and thug life matters support, ...

NIL I think is a bad idea for the student athletes. But college ball is BIG BUSINESS. I think it's a short ride to big money from schools and alums and corrupt programs. I think somebody needs to look out for these young men but it ain't gonna happen. That said a lot of money is made on their backs. It's complicated and NIL is the easy answer. Therefore it's bound to be wrong, easy answers always are.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast