Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M4C Official 2021 College Football Thread

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    FWIW, wasn't talking about NIL when I talked about "woke" shit. Just the woke shit, kneeling and thug life matters support, ...

NIL I think is a bad idea for the student athletes. But college ball is BIG BUSINESS. I think it's a short ride to big money from schools and alums and corrupt programs. I think somebody needs to look out for these young men but it ain't gonna happen. That said a lot of money is made on their backs. It's complicated and NIL is the easy answer. Therefore it's bound to be wrong, easy answers always are.
    Copy that. Maybe I misunderstood. To this, I totally agree with you.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Having talked to a former college athlete about it, I can understand the "why" behind it and even see it from their point. Universities and others make millions based on a "Mayfield #6" or "Manning #16" jersey or whatever and the athletes don't really have a say or get their cut save the scholarship and associated benefits. Yeah, that's a big deal, but at the same time, when a university is profiting on their likeness or name, it is a bit unfair.

But at the same time, you're going to have people like that arrogant little shit in Norman that really go overboard with it and charge for autographs and selfies. It'll do little more than alienate potential fans.

Like you, I think the NCAA has run its course and really isn't relevant as a governing body any longer. Honestly, if the little birds I hear chirps from are correct, they may end up losing the P5 league colleges in another few years anyway as they go out and start their own governing body. Facing facts here, the SEC, Big 10, Pac-12 and ACC have the power to do just that and the money will follow them.
    As much as I'd like to see equality of opportunity for all football programs, it ain't gonna happen. So I wish the P5 and G5 would go their own ways, and play 'non-group' teams like the out of conference games, maybe each 'group' have their own championship. We do it now with DII/III. Then P5 would have a champion, G5 would have its own champion, DII/III, etc.

Feedback Score
    Lincoln Riley to USC and Brian Kelly to LSU!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Lincoln Riley to USC and Brian Kelly to LSU!

NYH1.
    As I understand it, USC bought out Riley's house in OK $500k above market, giving him $6 mill for a house in LA, and 24/7 access to private aircraft. He's come a long way in a short time since his days as a lowly assistant's assistant under Mike Leach at Texas Tech.

My alma mater (one of them) is bowl-eligible for the first time since 2014, 7-5 record. Going to the Military Bowl. My other alma mater fired its most successful coach ever after a couple crappy years, but I think it is time he retires anyway.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A crazy and awesome SEC championship. Congrats to Bama and Bryce Young for an incredible performance.

What happens in the CFP rankings?
    I have Bama #1, #2 worst. Their only loss was earlier than Michigan’s but there’s was to a ranked team. Bamas previous win was pretty ugly.
    If Michigan wins they stay #2
    Does Georgia’s less than good loss drop them to #4 or #3 and Cincinnati to #3 or #4?

It doesn’t much matter because there’s a small chance of anybody dropping out out of the top four.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I hate UGA...

Hate Bama as equally...

Wished both could have lost somehow...

Though UGA getting their National Champion hopes crushed (again) would be perfectly fine by me even if it is Bama that does it. What's one more championship for the man who probably sold his soul and regularly sacrifices puppies to get all those rings?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have this spidey sense suspicion that Kirby stuck with more a vanilla defense so as not to give anything away for a Championship run. He knew that they would still be in the Championship series with a loss. Expecting to beat Saban and Bama twice is asking a bit much. Waiting until it counts is a plausible scenario. Losing to Michigan would make it a moot point though.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I have this spidey sense suspicion that Kirby stuck with more a vanilla defense so as not to give anything away for a Championship run. He knew that they would still be in the Championship series with a loss. Expecting to beat Saban and Bama twice is asking a bit much. Waiting until it counts is a plausible scenario. Losing to Michigan would make it a moot point though.
    Ehhh…I doubt the “best defense in the country” took a dive. It’s more plausible Saban still knows Kirby’s defense better than Auburn’s. All our offensive line had to do was give Bryce, Williams, and Metchie a couple of seconds and it’s off to the races.

It’s also possible Saban sacrifices puppies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Ehhh…I doubt the “best defense in the country” took a dive. It’s more plausible Saban still knows Kirby’s defense better than Auburn’s. All our offensive line had to do was give Bryce, Williams, and Metchie a couple of seconds and it’s off to the races.

It’s also possible Saban sacrifices puppies.
    Not a dive per se. The DC just wasn't calling the complex stuff. Bama's Oline never looked so good, even against lesser opponents (Auburn excluded). We will see I guess. Just found it odd.

Feedback Score
    Makes no sense. If Georgia beats Bama, guess who they wouldn't have to play again?!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast