Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Galil ACE 10,000 round Test.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Good point. Its the new Chinese ammo!!! 10 years from now $1/rd.
    Why wait? Tomorrow's prices today! https://www.impactguns.com/rifle-amm...308734-223wfmj

Feedback Score
    I have not bought ammo since before the BLM riots and COVID, but back when I was buying ammo it was not worth it to buy the steel cased 223Rem. Once you factored in the value of spent brass cases, the cost was about the same. I can't imagine why someone would pay more for lower quality ammo other than perhaps a collectible curiosity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have not bought ammo since before the BLM riots and COVID, but back when I was buying ammo it was not worth it to buy the steel cased 223Rem. Once you factored in the value of spent brass cases, the cost was about the same. I can't imagine why someone would pay more for lower quality ammo other than perhaps a collectible curiosity.
    I never considered brass value as part of buying process. I didn't think I shot enough for it to matter. If I was doing bucket loads a week or even a month i might have but 3-5k a year..meh. And I don't reload. Also most shooting would be done in an indoor range where half your brass flies forward of the tables and you can't get it anyway. That being said I never bought steel case 556. I don't know why since I bought it in everything else....it was just one of those things.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have my own range and am able to recover 90% of the brass plus I do reload, so this definitely influenced my decision making process.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    First 1000 rounds complete (I am actually nearing 1500, but I am behind on posting videos).

In this video I try to shoot some groups at 100 yards with hobby grade AK ammo to predicted results (It'll hit a paper plate!))

I test out WBP mags, Magpul Mags, Euro Mags, Etc. for basic functionality. They are all fine. The only two mags that ever resisted at all are the arsenal USA made 5 rounder and the Palm Banana mag. And they worked, you just have to wiggle them extra.

I talk about the need for a medium height mount for my Holosun. And I whine about not trusting chi-com sights because my other Holsun just went down.

Anyway, I am still shooting.

What do you think about me not cleaning it? Since I suspect it will take a lot longer to hit 10k given the current conditions (I have 4k of expendable 7,62x39) so there is a real chance we will hit 5k and then slow to a crawl. Maybe not cleaning it will add a little more fun to the test?

‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.’

Don't go stupid places. Don't hang out with stupid people. Don't do stupid things. -- John Farnam

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure time frame would matter to cleaning.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hopefully an influx of Romanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, etc., steel case will go some way to offset the future lack of Russian ammo. Fingers crossed. I really appreciate these tests.
    Based on Yoni's testimonials I got the 8.5" PTR PDW in this caliber, for a future form 1. I really like it. Might get the ACE yet.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Hey guys,

I did some followup accuracy testing with bargain ammo ( 5 shot groups at 100 yards). Basically, with some ammo 3 inch groups were standard and Tula was significantly worse. I have had some folks suggested I shoot some "Lapua" ammo but I haven't seen it in years. At some point I need to try the S&B brass cased ammo.

‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.’

Don't go stupid places. Don't hang out with stupid people. Don't do stupid things. -- John Farnam

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I did some followup accuracy testing with bargain ammo ( 5 shot groups at 100 yards). Basically, with some ammo 3 inch groups were standard and Tula was significantly worse. I have had some folks suggested I shoot some "Lapua" ammo but I haven't seen it in years. At some point I need to try the S&B brass cased ammo.

A close second to Lapua in consistency is the Federal, if you can find of some of that. And IIRC, Barnual is good steel cased stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345