Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M600DF...,..should I send it back?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M600DF...,..should I send it back?

M600DF, SR07
    Every time I think it’s fixed, it gets bumped, and starts dimming, and flickering, sometimes with an ugly yellow spot!
    I have tried Orbtronics, Keep power, and of course the SF 18650 it came with.
    I believe the problem is most definitely lack of continuity, in the switch, in combo with the driver in the head, drawing too much current.
    I’m also kind of disappointed in the output, even with the clicky switch it came with. My Protac HLXs are completely superior in the throw dept...at 1000 lumens, the Protac looks brighter then SF 1500 lumens.
    Anyway, I’m done with this temperamental pos! I need some opinions on whether it’s worth sending to SF for warranty? Is the new DF scout light an improvement?
    Or should I just buy a Modlight head, and Modlight switch?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Does it do it with the switch/button that it came with?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No flickering, or dimming with the clicky. I’ve tried 2 different sr o7 switches, same dimming and flickering with both. Even with the clicky, the output, to me is still disappointing. It’s plenty of light for indoors, but outdoors is where it completely falls on its face. The Tlr lens is only good for spill at short distances, hardly any candela, to see any distance. In my opinion, the absolute worst weapon light SF has ever created.
    I live in the boondocks. We have a lot of coyotes everywhere. This light is completely worthless for where I live. But I have around $300 in it, so I don’t want to just give up on it.

I was thinking, okw Modlight head, and mod button will solve all my problems.
    Last edited by camoman; 08-07-21 at 12:27. Reason: Added content

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Surefire tapes have been known to suck. So there’s your problem. If you’re disappointed in the light output, temper your expectations. If you need extreme bright light at distance, that was never the right light for you to begin with. It is far from being the worst light SF had ever made.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I understand exactly what you’ve said. And now, I get that it’s not right for me, now that I own it.
    I was just excited that SF finally created an 18650 scout light, at the time I bought it. I never would have thought it would be so limited.
    Also, it is the worst SF light I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned a few. The fact that Surefire, don’t even offer the M600DF anymore, tells me there was indeed a problem with the first DF design. Now, they offer the DF scout light pro, which I imagine has a completely different head.
    But I am unsure, all I know is the DF has had a whole bunch of complaints, that I have read on other forums, all the same issues I have.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s still on their website. So it’s still offered.

https://www.surefire.com/products/il...?sku=M600DF-BK

The pro is an added mount. There is no indication that they changed the head. If you’ve got a source that says other wise, post it.

Feedback Score
    The M600DF has long been known to have weak throw, including less than that of the Streamlight ProTac HL-X; while it will project 1500 lumens to the ProTac's 1000, the candela is only at 16,000, compared to the ProTac's 27,600. The M600DF and M640DF have the exact same performance, as ggammell noted, the only differences it the integrated mount on the M640DF.

The SR07 is also known to lower outputs on the M600DF, due to its inability to handle to high current draw; this would hold the same if it were used with a Modlite.

FWIW, I have never had any issues with flickering, weird projection, or dimming with my M600DFs with an SR07 or ST07; I have relegated those heads to use on my 870 and CZ Evo, though, due to the lack of throw, but the floody nature of the light makes it great for close-range, indoor stuff for my application.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’m running a modlite PLH2 head and pressure pad on my 600 DF body without issues.
    In retrospect I’d have been better off going all modlite.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How is the PLH2 head for throw? I’m trying to decide between the OKW, or the PLH2.
    From what I understand the OKW is mostly all throw. I would like to have good throw, with descent spill.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The PLH V2 is the sweet spot. It’s like 80% of the throw of the OKW with the spill to illuminate a wide field up close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast