Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you are issued a full auto?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    FWIW, auto on M16/M4s is a great way to expend ammo before end of fiscal year. Other than that, I didn't have much use for it in the Corps. YMMV
    I see the value of full auto for a sub gun or crew serve, but no real "need" for a fighting carbine.

Feedback Score
    Our Sheriff office (Utah County) has some deputy's who roll with FA options. One of the deputies, who is on the SWAT team, used a FA MP5 on a suspect who had just been involved in an OIS during a stop. Here is the dash cam video of the deputy mag dumping his FA MP5 into the suspect's vehicle on the offramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDvph14nmA

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Our Sheriff office (Utah County) has some deputy's who roll with FA options. One of the deputies, who is on the SWAT team, used a FA MP5 on a suspect who had just been involved in an OIS during a stop. Here is the dash cam video of the deputy mag dumping his FA MP5 into the suspect's vehicle on the offramp.

So hes mag dumping in the direction of on coming traffic on a clearly busy highway. Know your backstop and beyond, accountable for every bullet ect ect. Pretty cool video for "only the police should have _____".
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 08-11-21 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    I see the value of full auto for a sub gun or crew serve, but no real "need" for a fighting carbine.
    SAWS and belt feds for sure. That's a different story altogether.

But either way I can't see cops needing to go auto. I mean short of FPF if they are under mass assault WTF would they use it for. Besides in this environment? Are you f'ing kidding me? Libs and the press would go f'ing apeshit no matter how justified. Catch that on camera and heads will explode.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post

After alittle research, he did hit innocent civilians. What a tard.

(KUTV) -- Police released dash-camera video Wednesday from an officer-involved shooting that occurred along Interstate 15 in late December 2017 that also injured citizens not involved in the chase.

Arturo Ray Gallemore-Jimenez, the suspect in the officer-involved shooting, allegedly shot at Utah County officers on the night of Dec. 20. Police said Wednesday a stray bullet from an officer’s gun hit a passing car with six family members inside. Another bullet hit a bystander in the area.

During the shooting exchange in Springville, Utah, a stray bullet from the officer’s gun hit a passing car with six family members inside. Another bullet hit a bystander in the area. The bystander, an adult male, was along the Interstate re-fueling his broken-down car before being struck, Sheriff Tracy told 2News on Wednesday. He was taken to the hospital and has since been released.

https://kutv.com/news/local/released...leged-shooting
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 08-11-21 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Didn't know Canadian Police took US Ex-pats.
    I just spit beer out of my nose.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I just spit beer out of my nose.
    Canadian agencies are just like US agencies these days. The only criteria is that you are willing to do the job. There’s no barrier to entry for someone who crossed the border (in either direction) chasing tail

Pretty sure I spoke to this exact topic about 7 years ago when I was banned for being anti-LE (the irony…)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We dont have them and I dont think any agencies in the area have them either. From what Ive heard from around the country is they are becoming much less popular. Besides the fact that I cant even think of a real need for full auto guns in LE, that is a lot of extra paperwork to keep track of instead of just issuing a Colt/BCM/DD/etc. rifle.

Our SWAT team got rid of them probably 10 or more years ago and they only keep a couple around with dedicated sims uppers for force on force training.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have M4A1s… most aren’t marked as A1s, but all are full auto. We do have one odd Colt semi-auto (LE6920) that is floating around.

We do not train on full auto. We all qualify on the rifle, but to be fair, there are officers that I wouldn’t want grabbing a semi-auto rifle… let alone a full auto. And of those, some of them worry me having a Glock on their belt.

With qualifications, some F/Is will say you can run full auto on the close in stuff (have like 5 rounds left in the magazine). I even think that is dumb, as you aren’t giving any instruction other than that. If you are going to “offer” it, make sure people know what happens when you flick to that third position.

But our last practical shoot… we had a stage where the rifle had ten rounds, and there were three targets to engage. Nothing too hard. It was timed event, and you only got points on the rifle for hits (nothing taken away for misses). After those targets, we had to clear the rifle. So, what’s the easiest way to clear the gun on a clock with no penalties for misses? Empty it into the dirt.

There was also a part of this practical where we had to disassemble and then reassemble a Glock red gun (auto reset trigger). The F/I said that if we don’t handle the red gun safely, we would be DQed and possibly have our firearm taken away. I laughed when he said it again, because this shoot was based as responding to a school… during an active shooter scenario. Frustration with disassembly of a red gun is serious… but emptying seven rounds downrange at a school in a full auto burst is ok. In case anyone wants to think all L/E training on the Federal level is worthwhile…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    So hes mag dumping in the direction of on coming traffic on a clearly busy highway. Know your backstop and beyond, accountable for every bullet ect ect. Pretty cool video for "only the police should have _____".
    They had shut the freeway down before that mag dump, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    After alittle research, he did hit innocent civilians. What a tard.
    It was the first two officers shooting when they were initially shot at during the traffic stop that hit a bystander. I don't think it happened during the mag dump. Not defending any of them. You definitely need to understand the backstop. Shootouts on the freeway are always dangerous ways to hit innocents.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast