Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAPD selects FN 509 MRD-LE for new duty pistol

Feedback Score

LAPD selects FN 509 MRD-LE for new duty pistol

Chalk up a sale for FN:

"During the LAPD handgun trials, FN competed against several contenders in a 20,000-round-count endurance qualification, which it surpassed with zero malfunctions. “Exceeding all of the requirements LAPD sought in their new duty pistol was a high-performance standard to meet,” said Chris Cole, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at FN America, LLC. “With over a million rounds fired in development, the FN 509’s reputation for durability is proven here again giving LAPD officers a superior handgun they can depend on in the most demanding policing environments.”

https://fnamerica.com/press-releases...w-duty-pistol/
    Last edited by Slater; 08-11-21 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    Dont they allow several brands and caliber of pistols?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not sure how up to date this equipment list is but I wonder how many FN509 pistols will actually be in a use. David

https://www.lapdonline.org/lapd_equipment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seems like they will be issued to new hires for the next 5 years. Those that want are free to buy personal guns from an approved list as well.

Feedback Score
    interesting, not a pistol I've seen very often in civilian or LE use in the US.

that list posted is interesting, I had read STI 2011s have been approved for LAPD SWAT. Have been thinking of buying one...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OMG those armorers must have there hands full with all those different types of semiauto pistols and revolvers ( no less!! ) never mind the myriad of rifles and shotguns. Forgot to add the LLPlatforms too!

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Not sure how up to date this equipment list is but I wonder how many FN509 pistols will actually be in a use. David

https://www.lapdonline.org/lapd_equipment

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought there was an issue when those frames get real hot, they go Gumby effect and turn to mush. Is that still a thang?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I thought there was an issue when those frames get real hot, they go Gumby effect and turn to mush. Is that still a thang?
    I believe that was just the FNX…haven’t seen anything regarding frame issues on the 509 aside from cracks when driving pins out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I believe that was just the FNX…haven’t seen anything regarding frame issues on the 509 aside from cracks when driving pins out.
    Oh yes, copy that. I bet if FN halfway marketed these guns they would do well. I dont see much on them but read a few test where they faired quite well. I guess they are more mil contracts.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now we know the answer to the most often asked question in the gun world.

Who exactly buys FN pistols?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast