Thread: RIFLESPEED Gas Controls

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Could you post a link, please?
    https://youtu.be/Qqu9H6qi2iE

There you go.

Feedback Score
    I am very very interested! I signed up on your website.

Question: I want to build a 16” upper around this gas block. Would a 16” mid-length CHF barrel from Daniel Defense or Centurion Arms work well?

I sold a KAC mod 2 upper 16” because I was not happy with the gas to the face the KAC QDC + Mod 2 combo was causing. Hence, my KAC lower needs an upper to use with the QDC can. This gas block may be the ticket with a Bravo Company Mk2 upper.

What handguard do you prefer? 12-13” DD or Centurion Arms?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Thanks, brother.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I am very very interested! I signed up on your website.

Question: I want to build a 16” upper around this gas block. Would a 16” mid-length CHF barrel from Daniel Defense or Centurion Arms work well?

I sold a KAC mod 2 upper 16” because I was not happy with the gas to the face the KAC QDC + Mod 2 combo was causing. Hence, my KAC lower needs an upper to use with the QDC can. This gas block may be the ticket with a Bravo Company Mk2 upper.

What handguard do you prefer? 12-13” DD or Centurion Arms?

Thanks

With a mid-gas the RS7543 and a 12.6”-13” handguard are a great combo. You can also run a 14” handguard with the RS7558, but the RS7543 and 12.6” (MI G4, for example) keep it light. The Geissele Mk8 was the pick for an uber-tough build, but they stopped making the 13” and went to a 13.5” which is a bit too long for the RS7543. It runs contrary to what we’ve (we = AR shooters) done for a long time, but I’d pick the barrel with the largest gas port. With the Gas Control mounted you won’t have any of the negatives of over gassing but you will have enough gas on tap for the worst conditions. Best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIFLESPEED View Post
    With a mid-gas the RS7543 and a 12.6”-13” handguard are a great combo. You can also run a 14” handguard with the RS7558, but the RS7543 and 12.6” (MI G4, for example) keep it light. The Geissele Mk8 was the pick for an uber-tough build, but they stopped making the 13” and went to a 13.5” which is a bit too long for the RS7543. It runs contrary to what we’ve (we = AR shooters) done for a long time, but I’d pick the barrel with the largest gas port. With the Gas Control mounted you won’t have any of the negatives of over gassing but you will have enough gas on tap for the worst conditions. Best of both worlds.
    Thanks for the barrel advice. The port size on Centurion Arms and Bravo Company CHF barrels is larger than DD. Now I just need for them to get in stock again.

I like the pinned and set screw combo on your gas block. Did you get any military contracts yet?

Feedback Score
    Pinning is an important step for a tactical weapon, particularly with a Nitride-finished barrel. We’ll be making that service available through the Riflespeed.com site soon.

No military contracts have been issued yet. We do have several ongoing inquiries from military and LE users.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIFLESPEED View Post
    Pinning is an important step for a tactical weapon, particularly with a Nitride-finished barrel.
    Why is it more critical for nitride?

Feedback Score
    The hardness and the relatively slick finish of a Nitride surface can contribute to slippage in some cases. If the barrel is dimpled, this will not be as much of an issue, obviously.

Feedback Score
    Just posted a couple new videos in our Manufacturer's Forum for those interested in the details of our Gas Controls plus selection, installation, assembly, disassembly, maintenance, etc.

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...271-RIFLESPEED

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Why is it more critical for nitride?

We've listed pinning services for those using Gas Controls on tactical/duty rifles. Our neighbor, Davidson Design has custom tooling that allows them to complete this service with high-quality results.

https://www.riflespeed.com/Barrel-Pinning_p_38.html

Based on customer requests we'll have complete uppers with pinned Gas Controls going forward as well.

https://www.riflespeed.com/Riflespee...ies-_c_16.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast