Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIFLESPEED Gas Controls

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Cool concept.

The big challenge with all of this stuff is controlling gas leakage.

Many manufacturers have difficulty making a standard gas block that doesn't leak excessively.

The Noveske Switchblock is an excellent example of good design and uses two sets of bolt gas rings to seal the rotating assembly.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I've been following this for several months. I do like my noveske switchblock on my current 'go to' rifle, but i'm planning to do a build with Kyle's gas block this year.

i could be crazy, but I hope the next step is to get aaron and kyle together and do a combo adjustable gas block / barrel tuner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Cool concept.

Many manufacturers have difficulty making a standard gas block that doesn't leak excessively.

The Noveske Switchblock is an excellent example of good design and uses two sets of bolt gas rings to seal the rotating assembly.
    Some gas systems are designed around a gas leak, see the FN-49 and FAL . . .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool concept.

The Switchblock is also prone to seizing up, but like you stated, its all about controlling the gas flow. You don't lock down the gas with loose tolerances. Much easier to spray carb cleaner and penetrating oil than it is to try squeezing it tighter.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'll also happily point out that the boards very own Todd K was a large part of that design and implementation IIRC.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That looks like a well executed design.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your interest, fellas. We're pending for an Industry membership and forum here and look forward to joining the conversation. Our Gas Controls have been developed over a years-long process of refinement and validation and we're excited to see your results. We're dealing with the same supply chain issues that are hurting everyone right now and these have led to a couple delays with things like Nitride and engraving. We do expect to resume shipment late next week or so, however. In the meantime, these may provide a bit more info on what we have to offer:

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    The YouTube channel nfa review just did a big review of this product

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    The YouTube channel nfa review just did a big review of this product
    Could you post a link, please?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast