Thread: 147gr 9mm ammo that is subsonic in KT SUB2000 CQB...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

147gr 9mm ammo that is subsonic in KT SUB2000 CQB...

The KT SUB2000 CQB has a 4.25" barrel and a large suppressor.

I just bought one.

It is my belief and hope that most if not all standard pressure 147gr will stay subsonic in that 4.25" barrel.

Does anyone know of any that is NOT?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ranger T RA9T and every 147gr ball (factory and otherwise) I’ve tried stay subsonic in several suppressed PCCs in my social group including longer barrels. I think 12” is the longest any of us have, with the remainder being like ~8”. I’ve tried some other 147gr defensive ammo, also, but I don’t remember exactly which, and it was subsonic, also. 135gr ball (again, don’t remember the brand) was sometimes subsonic, sometimes loud, even in a G19. Basically pew, pew, PEW, pew in the shortest suppressed barrels.

We shoot quite a bit of regular 147gr ammo, suppressed, in training analogs of our 5.56 guns. Its the same stuff we use in our pistols, meant to duplicate our carry loads.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    In a 4 inch barrel pretty much any standard pressure 147gr should be subsonic. I've run quite a few different labels through mine, haven't found one yet that gives the tell tale "crack".
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    147 gr Ranger and Gold Dot, both standard pressure are subsonic out of my B&T GHM9k which has a similar length barrel as your Keltec.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You should be fine.

Good additional discussion here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-barrel-length
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62