The Glock was chosen for a number of reasons, but primarily because "the bigger the gun, the bigger the ego," said Reginald Roundtree, a police spokesman.

"Drug dealers don't have little egos, so they don't have little guns," he said.

"Officers are finally going to achieve the psychological positiveness of having a weapon comparable to what they're running into on the streets," Roundtree said. "These guns definitely will pay for themselves in the long- run.
I think the main reason was the Glock crew had access to the VIP room at the Gold Club in Atlanta. The ladies there were also very good for the ego and psychological positiveness.

Oh man, I HATED the Glock. I was in high school in the late 80s-early 90s and my buddies worked at a local pawn shop. They were always pushing the wonders of the Glock (I was an H&K guy). I remember they were talking about dropping Glocks out of helicopters and how you didn't have to clean them, etc. I thought they were intrinsically unsafe because, for all practical purposes, they were plastic safteyless browning high powers with goofy triggers. In the early 90s Glocks started slam-firing and Glock did a non-recall recall (you could get away with that pre-internet). I was sure they were done for, LOL. Anyway, all these years later my H&K P7s are barely ever shot and mostly shoot Beretta 92s. But at least now my Gen 5 Glock 19 is one of my favorite shooters and I now view it as the safer alternative to H&K VP9s and Walthers than I that have pushed the safteyless trigger weights further into "the danger zone" LOL.