Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with 9mm load

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I have a chrono. I get what you guys are saying, I am not sure I am being clear. The minimum and maximum are almost identical as well as velocities for 15 different powders except for the hs6 and it’s a large variance. I will build up as I always do as I don’t like getting near max but what makes the hs6 so different in these two bullets when every other powder for these two bullets is almost identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get what you are saying, but no idea why it is that way.

While trying to work around the lack of powder, something I noticed in rifle loads is sometimes powders are listed for a given cartridge, but not for a nearly identical cartridge. Another thing I have with various parent/child cases, some will use the same powder, but one case(no rhyme or reason on parent or necked up/down) may not.

1 company's loads may be close to all the others, but they may be the only 1 to use a certain powder.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder if it's a typo.
    Entering thousands of numbers, would be pretty easy to hit the 7 instead of the 8. Depending on where it happened (if that's what happened at all) it might be throughout Hornady's system that way with no way to verify.
    Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post
    I wonder if it's a typo.
    Entering thousands of numbers, would be pretty easy to hit the 7 instead of the 8. Depending on where it happened (if that's what happened at all) it might be throughout Hornady's system that way with no way to verify.
    Just a thought.
    Could be. I always work up loads and wasn’t looking for short cut but I was just very curious about this. I always look at multiple books and research for hours before I start a load but I just found this one particular load strange.

Feedback Score
    Curious as to why you want to load such a light bullet in 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s4s4u View Post
    Curious as to why you want to load such a light bullet in 9mm.
    To do some testing with it. I read some info about the initial shock to the central nervous system being as if not more important to threat than weight. And obviously 13-1400 FPS vs the 1050 from a 124 is faster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    To do some testing with it. I read some info about the initial shock to the central nervous system being as if not more important to threat than weight. And obviously 13-1400 FPS vs the 1050 from a 124 is faster.

Please share your findings.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've been hand loading for almost 30 years. Not claiming to be an expert. I've never trimmed a 9 mm case. I have no intentions of ever doing so.

If you want to move a light bullet very fast try AA7.

This is the best website I have found for advice on 9 m m loading

http://www.natoreloading.com/aa7/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I've been hand loading for almost 30 years. Not claiming to be an expert. I've never trimmed a 9 mm case. I have no intentions of ever doing so.

If you want to move a light bullet very fast try AA7.

This is the best website I have found for advice on 9 m m loading

http://www.natoreloading.com/aa7/
    Will absolutely second this suggestion. Great powder for 45acp as well if wanting to drive those 'very fast'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123