Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyler T Grips

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just an update regarding BK grips - I ordered a J frame grip late on 8/17 - it shipped the next day and I had it two days later. Quality looks to be good with a nice tight fit and the grip itself is smooth and well finished.

At this point I'd highly recommend BK over Tyler if anyone is considering getting one of the grips for themselves.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good to know.
    Are the BKs Aluminum or plastic?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Good to know.
    Are the BKs Aluminum or plastic?
    They're some sort of plastic material with copper attaching points (four, at least on the J frame - two toward the top and two below that).

ETA: the site does contain a caution about using certain products such as acetone on the plastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs103 View Post
    Last order I had took 13 months. Website said 4-6 weeks then too.
    Good God, who's running the operation now, Jon Ciener?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Boy, I did not think I'd ever be updating this thread.

My J-frame T-grip showed up in the last few days, one year and seven months after mailing off the order form and check. Fortunately the USPS still had our address change on file. It included a form letter that says the order had been "successfully located and processed" and they "apologize for the extended delay."

Putting them side by side, the T-grip and BK grip I ended up sourcing above are almost identical, with the BK having two set of shallower copper tabs as opposed to the single longer set of the T Grip. Both fit my particular J frame well.

No way I would recommend anyone order a T grip at this point. The absurd delivery time, flat lie on the website of "4-6 weeks" lead, and complete lack of communication are unacceptable.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Damn, 19 months, that is asinine.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds about my main man the GOAT, Craig Speigel, you get it when you get it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-20-22 at 14:53.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have several BK Grip adapters on my revolvers. I am OK with them. However, I would prefer the original T Grip. Best to buy them used - if you can find them.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, Tyler T-grip company has never been fast, even a decade ago. I bought one and it was like 6 months before it arrived. Secondary market is better (if you can find them).

Or on my J-frames, I just went to rubber boot grips and on the others, a variety of wood or plastic grips, depending on the use. T-grips are nice but honestly...

Last edited by RHINOWSO; 02-27-23 at 18:59.

Feedback Score
    I have always had fast service with BK Grips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12