Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 80% Jig Question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ugh.. I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. I built one of the first Polymer 80's frames produced, then I stippled it because it sucked. Then I went too far and melted through the front strap. After that my whole "build your own" phase shifted to other products.

However, that CNC mini-mill Mist Wolf linked looks like so much fun. Not sure why it needed the modern dance girl in the video, but whatever.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    80% Arms & 5D are same so either of those. I have one myself

Feedback Score
    All of it came in today (5D.) Milling party planned for next weekend I think. I will say I think I like their forged blanks over their billet. The billet are just too chonky, even for a billet receiver. No relief cuts on either side of the magwell has a lot do with that I'm sure. The forged look to be pretty close to milspec strictly from appearances.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

80% Jig Question

This past weekend I discovered 6 80% lowers I had in stock and had forgotten about. I ordered a 5D setup this morning so I can finish them off just to F%&$ Xiden and his band of merry communists.

Going to do videos of how to finish them and send links to the White House contact form.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 04-12-22 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    This past weekend I discovered 6 80% lowers I had in stock and had forgotten about. I ordered a 5D setup this morning so I can finish them off just to F%&$ Xiden and his band of merry communists.

Going to do videos of how to finish them and send links to the White House contact form.
    I liked the set up but the router bit didn't seem to last very long. We did about 10 lowers and after the 5th one it started to lose its edge it seemed. And yes we kept it wet and happy throughout the process. No plans other than to stack them for safe keeping.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I liked the set up but the router bit didn't seem to last very long. We did about 10 lowers and after the 5th one it started to lose its edge it seemed. And yes we kept it wet and happy throughout the process. No plans other than to stack them for safe keeping.
    Thanks for the report.

How are you finishing your finished lowers?

I figure router bits are expendable, so if that is the worst you have to say about it I figure it’s a winner.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report.

How are you finishing your finished lowers?

I figure router bits are expendable, so if that is the worst you have to say about it I figure it’s a winner.
    I highly recommend getting a sandblaster from Harbor Freight to blast the fire control pocket after milling. Then clean in with acetone and paint it.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

80% Jig Question

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I highly recommend getting a sandblaster from Harbor Freight to blast the fire control pocket after milling. Then clean in with acetone and paint it.
    Thanks for the tip on the sand blaster.

What kind of paint? Mine all are raw AL and I’ve never done one before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get one of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...kit-95630.html

And use this: https://molyresin.com/

If I can do it, you can to.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on the sand blaster.

What kind of paint? Mine all are raw AL and I’ve never done one before.
    I use flat black Rustoleum
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast