Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What 5.56 and 7.62 cans to buy?

Feedback Score
    I picked up the Yankee Hill Nitro N20 it's rated for 9mm-308 and is two pieces so you can shorten depending on your use case.
    It's still in NFA jail so I can't attest to its performance but I have a friend who has version 1 of this suppressor and he loves it.

MSRP is $1,250 but I picked it up for $950.

https://yhm.net/nitro-n2o.html

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Check out the Dead Air Xeno System.
    https://deadairsilencers.com/product...dapter-bundle/

Quote Originally Posted by DeadAir View Post
    The Xeno Adapter is designed to work in conjunction with our Xeno Flash Hider or Xeno Brake. This pairing gives you a light weight suppressor mounting option with non-negotiable repeatability and a solid return to zero — ideal for precision minded shooters. Don’t worry, the Xeno Mount System still provides you hard core users the durability you’ve come to expect from Dead Air.

The shorter length and lock up positioning of the Xeno Mount System make it shine. How exactly? The Xeno Flash Hider doesn’t sit deep into the blast chamber. This minimizes focused erosion on your baffles, prolonging suppressor life, while maximizing sound performance.

The shortened length also supports a more future proof design with a heavy consideration for suppressors with smaller blast chambers across the industry. Plus, the Adapter uses the industry standard 1-3/8-24 threads, making it not only compatible with our Nomad series, but also many other silencers on the market.

The Xeno Flash Hider and Adapter attach together with left handed threads, eliminating your worries of the adapter unthreading from your silencer when removed. This also lets you verify your mount is still tight when installing on your firearm.

Both the Flash Hider and Adapter feature ample tooling surfaces, giving you plenty of room and options. These tool features are accessible even when your suppressor is completely installed. This is for you folks that don’t remove your silencer for hundreds or thousands of rounds fired and may need that extra “torque.”

Our material of choice is nitrided 4140 steel for hardness and corrosion resistance. The bonus is that it won’t gall your threads as is common with the uncoated 17-4 products out there. It’s no fun having your mount drilled from the back of your suppressor while you’re biting your nails hoping it can be salvaged. Nitrided 4140 is just tough. Scouring off carbon and copper deposits is not only easier, you’re less likely to damage your threads.

For those desiring a mounting system that offers insane repeatability and durability, with very little length added to your silencer, the Xeno is what you’re after.
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Which mounts are you using ?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I have a WC 7.62, SpecWar 556k, Omega9k, and Sandmank.
    If I were buying one today, it would be a 36M. it does everything.
    I was using this suppressor today on a 9" 300 BLK and it's amazing!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I picked up the Yankee Hill Nitro N20 it's rated for 9mm-308 and is two pieces so you can shorten depending on your use case.
    It's still in NFA jail so I can't attest to its performance but I have a friend who has version 1 of this suppressor and he loves it.

MSRP is $1,250 but I picked it up for $950.

https://yhm.net/nitro-n2o.html

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    Minumum barrel length is 16"

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, after spending some time on pewscience, and a lot of going back and forth, I decided on a couple OSS cans. The 556 and 762 Ti models. At the ear numbers are much more important to me than at the muzzle and I don't like gassy cans, as all my rifles are semi.

The CGS cans had my attention for a while, but their "at the ear" are worse than the OSS offerings, and they are way gassy. With their optional forward venting end caps they just become loud everywhere. Lots of hype, but not optimized for semi-autos at all. Would give them a hard look if I were looking for a can for a bolt gun.

The Thermal Defense Solutions direct thread cans also had my attention for a long while, but there's no real data on them, besides anecdotal. And the company failed to respond to multiple attempts to contact them. Would still consider one of their cans if the company could get their crap together.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    7.62x51 / .308 Winchester: 16" minimum barrel length
    350 Legend: 16" minimum barrel length
    5.56 NATO: 16" minimum barrel length
    300 Blackout: 7.5" minimum barrel length
    Is 300 Blackout supposed to be subsonic-only at that length? The 350 Legend is a straight-wall cartridge with the same head size and maximum pressure; shouldn't it's curve drop off as quickly as 300 BLK?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Is 300 Blackout supposed to be subsonic-only at that length? The 350 Legend is a straight-wall cartridge with the same head size and maximum pressure; shouldn't it's curve drop off as quickly as 300 BLK?
    Seems likely that would be the case. I also think you could get away with a shorter barrel length in the other calibers for a good long while. Lots of people make Ti cans with looser barrel length requirements, after all. You'd probably need to watch your firing rate though.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No.

The minimum barrel lengths for suppressors are mostly about muzzle pressure.

The 7.5" 300BLK super sonic muzzle pressure is roughly equal to the other rifle calibers at 16" barrel length.

The 350 Legend has roughly 30% more case capacity and muzzle energy than 300BLK, so no the pressure curve doesn't drop off as quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The 350 Legend has roughly 30% more case capacity and muzzle energy than 300BLK, so no the pressure curve doesn't drop off as quickly.
    It has about 34% more bore volume as well however; that doesn't compensate? A few inches difference perhaps, but 7.5" to 16" doesn't seem right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123