Quote Originally Posted by RichardLips View Post
Is it best to mount it on the barrel/ magazine tube? or to the forend itself? I'm considering barrel/ mag tube just to keep the light stable and pointed at what I want it pointed at. But then I worry about heat from the barrel affecting the light and it's mount. Recommendations please!
On pump-action shotguns, I will no longer even think about a light mounted to the barrel or magazine tube. I have bobbled activation too many times through minor errors that could have had major consequences in defensive use. I like the idea of the integreal Surefire light/mount, but it is not for me for a couple of reasons.

My current solution is running a TLR-1 (an X300 works equally well) using a short section of picatinny rail placed in the furthermost forward slot of a Magpul M-Lok MOE forend. The result is simple, relatively cheap, the light can be quickly installed/removed, and the switch is always in the same place respective to my support hand... which it clears by enough that I don't bash my digits.