Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazine solution

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Magazine solution

I won’t go into exact numbers, but I have a large number of rifles and pistols.

What do y’all do for magazine organization?

I have a stock of spare AR / AK mags in 120mm mortar Ammo cans. But they are not used and are just there because I bought them when they were available relatively cheaply.

I keep a full magazine in each rifle and pistol, but that still leaves a heck of a lot of active inventory just laying around.

My issue is excessive, but I can’t be the only one with this problem.

It literally takes me an hour to find the proper pistol and non 556 AR magazines to take to the range.

Same exact issue with pistol mags. Probably worse since they’re all different and most ship with three mags.

Thanks for any input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just throw all the same ones together in a box or plastic container So all AK mags in one box, all AR mags in another plastic container and so on

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use organized shelf space in a dedicated “gun/reloading shed”.
    At a glance I can see AR/AK mags, different pistol mags, ammo, optics/mounts, etc.
    Cases of ammo are kept in closets.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I found my old tool box when I upgraded to new one worked well for spares and nicely orginzed depending on how many and what style

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Mine were all lost in a tragic boating accident.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I won’t go into exact numbers, but I have a large number of rifles and pistols.

What do y’all do for magazine organization?

Its not a problem if you don't admit it!!

The large tupperware style boxes sold at the big box home improvement stores or Costco are cheap and work well for mags, plate carriers and packs. The largest ones they have are typically what you want to use. When you want AK mags, grab the AK box or boxes. Eventually once you do that, you get a couple "go bags", and load full mags into them. After that, you start going through your piles of plate carriers and putting load outs in all of them. After that you develop other equipment like ammo cans and load up your different full mags in them. If you don't have enough plate carriers, go to your large tupperware boxes and start finding the mag pouches and load those. The largest boxes will hold quite a bit, but if you are a player you will have at least one full for each color.... fill those. While you are at it, get your med kits ready. Since you only have 3 or maybe 4 carriers which will fit in the large boxes, you will need a pile of them. Remember, they get heavy when they all have armor, so figure out where you store them. Dropping them on yourself hurts, even if its only your foot.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I keep all my sub gun mags together, then my AK mags separate, then .565 mags then AR10 mags. Large tupperware type storage boxes are great.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I only have a large(ish) amount of mags for my main fighting guns. So for me that's AR and Glock 9mm. Outside of those I only have a few mags for the other guns.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Bins for storing quantities for future use. For each gun/type of gun I use backpacks with mags, some ammo, and other weapon specific gear. Backpacks are cheap as hell at resale shops. Then each gun has a soft case with some mags and such. On top of that I've got a few range bags.

It helps to have a lot of storage room... and a CDL.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I sold everything that didn’t use Gen M3 Pmags, Glock double stack 9mm and Glock 43 mags.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast