Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magazine solution

Feedback Score
    I have two different systems.

One is for the large number of mags I have just in case they ever get banned. Lots still in their plastic up in my attic in bins. In the bin with the mags is a paper copy of the receipt, and I have a notarized and dated inventory sheet listing what I owned the day I packed that bin.

This is so I can prove that yes I really did own that stuff before the (future possible) ban and therefore am legally grandfathered. Here in WA it's a real risk, they try every year

Then there is the stuff I actually use. I have plastic Plano boxes for each "kit" with mags, any spare barrels (if it's a pistol), spare parts (recoil springs eg), and the box is labeled. I keep it to 3-5 "active" mags max, sometimes less, for each gun so they fit in one little box. Used a label maker to label each box.

Then if say I'm shooting my 40sw p320 I grab the box labeled "40sw p320 kit" and throw the whole box in my duffel bag. Couple mags, spare parts, all that I need/have for that particular gun will be in there.
    Last edited by Martin248; 08-27-21 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    I use plastic totes on a wire rack shelving unit. Labeled with type if firearm. All glock mags and parts go in one, all beretta parts and mags go in one. The ar parts and the are mags go in separate totes because of all the room the mags take up.

Feedback Score

Magazine solution

Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    I have two different systems.

One is for the large number of mags I have just in case they ever get banned. Lots still in their plastic up in my attic in bins. In the bin with the mags is a paper copy of the receipt, and I have a notarized and dated inventory sheet listing what I owned the day I packed that bin.

This is so I can prove that yes I really did own that stuff before the (future possible) ban and therefore am legally grandfathered. Here in WA it's a real risk, they try every year

Then there is the stuff I actually use. I have plastic Plano boxes for each "kit" with mags, any spare barrels (if it's a pistol), spare parts (recoil springs eg), and the box is labeled. I keep it to 3-5 "active" mags max, sometimes less, for each gun so they fit in one little box. Used a label maker to label each box.

Then if say I'm shooting my 40sw p320 I grab the box labeled "40sw p320 kit" and throw the whole box in my duffel bag. Couple mags, spare parts, all that I need/have for that particular gun will be in there.
    All of my AR magazines have a month and year on them already and I bought most online so I don’t save my receipts for those. I was buying from 44mag.com and they went out of business. If they do ban the standard capacity magazine ban in Washington State, it would be up the state to prove I bought them after the standard magazine ban was in place.

I keep my loaded magazines in a 50 caliber ammo can. The unload one I just keep in plastic tote.
    Last edited by Tony617; 09-04-21 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I get the feeling that many members on this forum calculate their magazine stash by weight rather than by count

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Mine were all lost in a tragic boating accident.
    A lot of that going around....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    I just sew pockets on all my window curtains.
    I love this reply.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Along with range cards under the windowsills. Kick ass.

Feedback Score
    USGI 200 round SAW pouches hold 6 30 round 5.56 Pmags perfectly. They keep the ammo locker organized and mags are ready to grab and go when needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16413150943...UAAOSwPHpdVlDg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    USGI 200 round SAW pouches hold 6 30 round 5.56 Pmags perfectly. They keep the ammo locker organized and mags are ready to grab and go when needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16413150943...UAAOSwPHpdVlDg
    I just ordered a few of those. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I keep one of those in the console in my pickup. They're a great deal at $15 but the plastic hardware is flimsy and not hard use so I wouldn't plan on them lasting if you're gonna lug them around. I ended up removing the plastic hardware and securing the strap to the carrier with paracord on both sides. Still worth it in my opinion.
    I used some snippers, cut off the plastic crap and replaced it with a D Ring on each side. Problem solved.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234