Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: EDC a 1911

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Does anyone on here routinely carry a 1911? If so, what belt/holster setup do you use?
    Before my stroke CompTac belt, & a crossbreed hybrid holster.As a formerly big guy who wore a suit or sport coat every day, it wasn't hard to conceal. Don't know what I'll do when back to 100%
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Before my stroke CompTac belt, & a crossbreed hybrid holster.As a formerly big guy who wore a suit or sport coat every day, it wasn't hard to conceal. Don't know what I'll do when back to 100%
    Mother-in-law just had a stroke. I lost both parents to strokes (in very different scenarios)
    I pray that your recovery is strong and that you are again able to enjoy the fullness of life! Blessings to you and your family as you recover!
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1791 Gunleather Thumb Break 5” mil spec Springfield

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bigfoot Belt with a Tucker Avenger Style Holster or a Wilson Lo Pro for my Nighthawk Talon II
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Feedback Score
    For this set up, I have following items in my list:
    Small knife, from SOG;

5.11 belt, with Cobra buckle (this is the inner belt that runs through the larger, padded belt that everything else attaches to);
    Three pistol magazines;

Esstac Kywi triple mag pouch;

Two rifle mags (5.56mm);

G-Code Holsters Scorpion rifle mag pouches (you might choose to run only one — I opt for two, to save space on my plate carrier, or, add more weight on my waist rather than my chest);
    Expandable dump pouch from High Speed Gear (HSGI);

IFAK;
    Drop-leg attachment for the pistol holster from G-Code Holsters (this option is a mid-drop, which is a good compromise between having a holster directly on the belt, which tends to be too high with body armor, and not having a low-riding drop-leg holster on your thigh that tends to be awkward and too low);

G-Code holster;
    Last edited by anglina; 04-01-22 at 01:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anglina View Post
    For this set up, I have following items in my list:
    Small knife, from SOG;

5.11 belt, with Cobra buckle (this is the inner belt that runs through the larger, padded belt that everything else attaches to);
    Three pistol magazines;

Esstac Kywi triple mag pouch;

Two rifle mags (5.56mm);

G-Code Holsters Scorpion rifle mag pouches (you might choose to run only one — I opt for two, to save space on my plate carrier, or, add more weight on my waist rather than my chest);
    Expandable dump pouch from High Speed Gear (HSGI);

IFAK;
    Drop-leg attachment for the pistol holster from G-Code Holsters (this option is a mid-drop, which is a good compromise between having a holster directly on the belt, which tends to be too high with body armor, and not having a low-riding drop-leg holster on your thigh that tends to be awkward and too low);

G-Code holster;
    If that is your EDC, I would hate to know what you have when you are really strapped.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I EDC'd a compact 1911 for over 20 years. GALCO belt holster did the trick.

(Then I got serious about protecting my life. Sold the 1911 and went G19. Had to get a new Galco holster).

Feedback Score
    I moved almost exclusively to 2011s. Everything I love in the 1911 with 17,18,19, or 20:rounds of high end SD9mm. I do carry one 10mm 5” but only for specific train, and lately with the joy of long Covid that hasn’t happened again. So revise exclusively 9mm HSP normal pressure in Artemis; dropped the Critical Duty 135 +P for the C2 limited.

Only Atlas or Staccato magazines; no MBX after failures in sample of 2 of 2; take with appropriate none statistically significant info.

Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Very nice.
    Is this 5” length, Commander slide?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roll of the dice philosophy has changed my ED carry. I mostly carried a 7-round 5" .45acp. Not a lot of fun but after The Luby's deal decades ago, I decided I needed to be effective beyond 25 meters. Years later began carrying one of my 3.5" 1911s for comfort assuming (hoping) most times I would not need the extended range of a full size. Sometimes an extra magazine was carried but most times not. All depended on my destinations. I have now backed-off from all that and my EDC is a newly-purchased 9mm Sig P-365.

Unlike most guns, I actually took a liking to it if that makes sense. Been shooting the crap out of it the last 2 weeks or so. Though I have 20/10 vision, it doesn't "kick-in" til about 10ft or so. I can't and don't use pistol sights. I have trained for years using the invisible edge of the slide (top to side break). I have a natural cant /roll that accommodates that style nicely. Other than fight it, I chose to accept it and it's 100% muscle memory.

I've ordered a Crimson Trace laser specific to the P-365 (LG-422). Have a few visible lasers on ARs. Great aide in low light. The 9mm will be limited in range (for me) therefore even in most daylight / artificial-light conditions, the 5mW red laser will be just fine. I now have 10+1 and carry a 2nd magazine.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast