Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistance requested with 7.62x39 upper build...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I didn't even think about gas port size. I know the one on my carbine length 16 inch is yuuuuge. Cant imagine how big it would need to be on a middy to work correctly.
    My 18" Dez Arms midlength has a 0.125" gas port, and is overgassed even with Tula and Red Army Standard, which I've heard are some of the weaker x39 rounds. Just put an adjustable gas block on it but haven't gotten it dialed in yet.

Feedback Score
    I recently brought a Green Mountain 7.62x39 barrel that is really nice except that it’s M4 profile. My least favorite profile. I bought it because that’s all that I could find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressingonward View Post
    My 18" Dez Arms midlength has a 0.125" gas port, and is overgassed even with Tula and Red Army Standard, which I've heard are some of the weaker x39 rounds. Just put an adjustable gas block on it but haven't gotten it dialed in yet.
    I think my 16 inch carbine is 0.098 iirc? It ejects right around 2 o'clock so it could use some fine tuning. I'm more concerned with bolt and extractor wear more than anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12