Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Sig 320 safety issues

When the SIG p320 first came out i thought it was the answer to my prayers - a true striker fired Sig. Having owned and carried (German frame etc) 220's and 226's, love them, they are stupid accurate and reliable, making me a true believer.
    But with the (then) more recent 'Sig Exeter' shenanigans they had me a bit on the fence. Decided to hold off.

Started reading about safety issues, recalls, off and on, now this.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d4...lawsuit-police
    This is clearly coming from reliable, no agenda sources. Making me want to avoid this like the plague.

Truth be told this is one of my 'weird dream' fears - besides my pistol not firing, bullets coming out cartoonishly sloooooooow - there's also this real life bug in the back of my head of it firing, while holstered, basically spontaneously.

It also makes me wonder about their other latest greatest offering - the 365.
    While most every design has had its teething issues (example M&P9 accuracy....), safety usually hasn't been one.
    Given this information from where I'm sitting there's too many other good quality utterly safe and reliable pistols out there for the 320 to even be an acceptable option/consideration.
    So why do people keep purchasing and departments considering this platform?
    And why cant Sig put this to bed. There CLEARLY is a major problem.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    When the SIG p320 first came out i thought it was the answer to my prayers - a true striker fired Sig. Having owned and carried (German frame etc) 220's and 226's, love them, they are stupid accurate and reliable, making me a true believer.
    But with the (then) more recent 'Sig Exeter' shenanigans they had me a bit on the fence. Decided to hold off.

Started reading about safety issues, recalls, off and on, now this.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d4...lawsuit-police
    This is clearly coming from reliable, no agenda sources. Making me want to avoid this like the plague.

Truth be told this is one of my 'weird dream' fears - besides my pistol not firing, bullets coming out cartoonishly sloooooooow - there's also this real life bug in the back of my head of it firing, while holstered, basically spontaneously.

It also makes me wonder about their other latest greatest offering - the 365.
    While most every design has had its teething issues (example M&P9 accuracy....), safety usually hasn't been one.
    Given this information from where I'm sitting there's too many other good quality utterly safe and reliable pistols out there for the 320 to even be an acceptable option/consideration.
    So why do people keep purchasing and departments considering this platform?
    And why cant Sig put this to bed. There CLEARLY is a major problem.
    I am with totally with you on Sig in their journey. I've been shooting since the '80s when it was either Glocks or sig226s. I swore off of them when they went through there awkward years. Now I have a rattler and a virtus and they are excellent. My objection to Sig is they have a tendency to beta test their products on their customers. 320's did have problems. I would never buy a first generation Sig anything (look at the mcx dumpster fire) but generally by the third generation they are pretty good to go. These days I think the 320 is probably solid.
    Last edited by KTR03; 08-17-21 at 11:18.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Honestly, it is not worth it to me to find out. Sig is dead to me.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    LOL. Is there a thread for these dreams? If not we need one. Mine are one-hundred-pound-trigger, and self-disassembly.

Feedback Score
    Easily avoided.

Carry something else.

Not getting shot because of brand loyalty or just really like everything else about a gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Now I have a rattler and a virtus and they are excellent. My objection to Sig is they have a tendency to beta test their products on their customers. 320's did have problems. I would never buy a first generation Sig anything (look at the mcx dumpster fire) but generally by the third generation they are pretty good to go. These days I think the 320 is probably solid.
    I like the variety of life, but if your concerned about Sig, just dont buy and shoot them. I think their Legion lines of pistols are excellent. I love their 226/ 229 Legion guns. Hell I shoot their X5 as good as any pistol I own. I guess I waited until Gen 3 version to buy, but my luck has been good.

No matter what anyone says or writes, personal experience is the strongest aspect of opinion. If you have bad luck with a Mfg ( Me Ed Brown 1911's) and I despise the company and their guns. But I'm sure others have enjoyed their guns and would bet their life on them. YMMV is oh so very true.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there anything indicating that any of these pistols had AD's after the "upgrades" were done? Maybe I missed something? I dumped mine like hot potatoes when the issue first started gaining attention and went with their classic P series. Not sticking up for Sig, but 3 discharges the 1st time out at the range? Ummm?? Sounds a little strange regardless of his credentials. Anyway... I recently picked up the AGX Pro, and the 365XL for CC and also putting together a 2nd 320 with their CS FCU so I'm hoping these issues have been worked out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm not a Sig guy, so I have no dog in the fight. However, there's some misleading, actually outright false information in this article:

In Pennsylvania, a state trooper firearms instructor even killed another officer in 2015 when his gun went off while he was conducting safety training, according to the suit.
    First, I'll say that I personally knew the trooper who was killed . I was also at the police academy in an adjacent building the day this happened. It shook us all up.

But gun malfunction was not to blame in this case. First, it was not a P320, it was a P227. Second, it was a string of negligence that caused this: The instructor dropped his magazine, forgot to clear the gun, and pulled the trigger while not looking where he was pointing. The gun functioned as it should, the shooter did not.

I don't know how safe the 320s are compared other pistols in its class and style, but because they included this case and misrepresented it to seem like it was due to faulty engineering, it makes me wonder how accurate the article is.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    The Canadian military recently adopted the 320 as their "C22" service pistol, replacing their old Browning Hi-Powers. Wonder if theirs are going to be any safer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seriously? Vice? Obviously they did a lot of research here

I too am not a Sig guy but as mentioned above....the Pa incident was with a DA/SA Sig 227.

Also, didn't they fix this problem back like 7 years ago?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast