Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 481 to 490 of 490

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,902
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Well, because it is on video.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What *exactly* does that video show? Does it show the hood open on the holster as Sig asserts? For that matter, are you even able to discern all the factors that could have contributed to the discharge from the video?
    ďYou have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.Ē -Augustine

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,163
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    What *exactly* does that video show? Does it show the hood open on the holster as Sig asserts? For that matter, are you even able to discern all the factors that could have contributed to the discharge from the video?
    Itís very obvious the hood isnít open.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,600
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    What *exactly* does that video show? Does it show the hood open on the holster as Sig asserts? For that matter, are you even able to discern all the factors that could have contributed to the discharge from the video?
    There is a scuffle and I donít think anybody can honestly say there isnít the possibility something got into the trigger.

    Thatís why I want someone to replicate the failure in a controlled environment.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,902
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Itís very obvious the hood isnít open.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's remarkable how some people think that by acting sure about something they have no idea about, it will somehow make it true. You strike me as such a person. Basically full of crap, but hoping the people around you don't notice.

    Well here is a screenshot from the video for those whose heads aren't in the sand. The blue arrow is pointing to the back of the bare unshrouded pistol, and the red arrow is pointing to the flipped forward open hood.



    Not that I think the hood being open has any real bearing on why the pistol fired. Hood open or closed, something else is wrong. However, it simply goes to illustrate how full of bullshit and bluster mRad is.
    ďYou have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.Ē -Augustine

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,163
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    It's remarkable how some people think that by acting sure about something they have no idea about, it will somehow make it true. You strike me as such a person. Basically full of crap, but hoping the people around you don't notice.

    Well here is a screenshot from the video for those whose heads aren't in the sand. The blue arrow is pointing to the back of the bare unshrouded pistol, and the red arrow is pointing to the flipped forward open hood.



    Not that I think the hood being open has any real bearing on why the pistol fired. Hood open or closed, something else is wrong. However, it simply goes to illustrate how full of bullshit and bluster mRad is.
    Thatís already been debunked. Thatís their TQ holder, Mr. Confident.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,902
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Thatís already been debunked. Thatís their TQ holder, Mr. Confident.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Show us some pictures of what a TQ holder looks like when it's attached to the front of the Safariland holster. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    ďYou have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.Ē -Augustine

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    2,784
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Show us some pictures of what a TQ holder looks like when it's attached to the front of the Safariland holster. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    There's a whole video on that, taken from members of that police force. It appears to be a common, if not standard, practice in the department. If I had the link to the video, I'd share it.

    Post #453 has the video.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 09-21-23 at 16:05.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,163
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Show us some pictures of what a TQ holder looks like when it's attached to the front of the Safariland holster. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    Itís already in the thread here, Big Shot.

    Hate on me all you want, but we see your clown shoes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    422
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Show us some pictures of what a TQ holder looks like when it's attached to the front of the Safariland holster. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    Ask and ye shall receive.......again for the umpteenth time

    One of their officers with the same setup


    M&P in the same setup


    The shiny refection SIG was telling everyone is the back of the slide is actually the top of the hood. It gets nice and slick when you rest your hand on it as you wear the holster, and light reflects on it.



    SIG IMO stuck their foot in their mouth with there first release of this incident. The obviously did not consult any LE in reference to the the equipment and it's function. They assumed, and looked stupid, and I'm basing that on the fact that ever officer that viewed this video had no issues or question that the pistol was seated in the holster correctly, the hood was up and covering the back of the pistol and there was a tourniquet located on the front of the holster.


    TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-21-23 at 18:23.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,902
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive.......again for the umpteenth time

    One of their officers with the same setup


    M&P in the same setup


    The shiny refection SIG was telling everyone is the back of the slide is actually the top of the hood. It gets nice and slick when you rest your hand on it as you wear the holster, and light reflects on it.



    SIG IMO stuck their foot in their mouth with there first release of this incident. The obviously did not consult any LE in reference to the the equipment and it's function. They assumed, and looked stupid, and I'm basing that on the fact that ever officer that viewed this video had no issues or question that the pistol was seated in the holster correctly, the hood was up and covering the back of the pistol and there was a tourniquet located on the front of the holster.


    TXPO
    Yeah, I know people carry the TQ mounted in front of the holster, it didn't look like that what was causing that in the video. Either way, as I said earlier, hood up or down isn't the critical part. Something is wrong and it needs to be figured out.
    ďYou have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.Ē -Augustine

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •