Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Didn’t realize the grip safety was such a highly stressed part.

Don’t know if it a worse liability than a 1911-esque trigger on a striker fired gun with no safety.

Feedback Score
    I'll be shooting the Sig P320 for qual this week : L
    I asked if anyone herd of the reports of ND issues, and everyone said they did not, and after I expressed there are many reports, they did could not express a single given ****.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 33XRAY View Post
    I'll be shooting the Sig P320 for qual this week : L
    I asked if anyone herd of the reports of ND issues, and everyone said they did not, and after I expressed there are many reports, they did could not express a single given ****.
    Of course not. They all think they are safer gun handlers than those "other" fellas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    The issue with that video is that it does not indicate anything as to which model firearm discharged or what happened to cause it to discharge.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The video has been making the rounds on various social media and is confirmed to be a 320.

And he simply bent over and it fired. Tucked in shirt and what appears to be a level 3 duty holster. Possibly Safariland.
    Last edited by Rifleman_04; 07-28-23 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good observation/remarks from a Glock Armorer and SIG Armorer:

“ Assuming (which we are) the P320 is chambered, is in battery, and has all the proper inspection and maintenance performed, then for the gun to fire:

1) The firing pin safety has to be pushed up out of the way for the firing pin to move forward striking the primer, and

2) Both the primary and secondary sear notches must be lowered enough for the striker to release.

In order for #1 and #2 to occur, the trigger must be pressed all the way to rear, which means that until we learn more about the holster it resided in and any other external factors, we don't know how the trigger was pressed all the way to the rear.

A few other observations:

The trigger tab safety we see in Glocks and some other pistols is actually a drop safety; that's its only function.

The fact the P320 striker is fully cocked does not make it inherently unsafe because the sear has a secondary safety notch and the firing pin safety still has to be activated.

All holsters require routine maintenance. If it's a kydex type then the screws holding it together and setting tension and retention must be periodically inspected and tightened as they do work loose with wear. If it's leather, then it should be treated every so often. If it's nylon, then it's disposable.”

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    9-10 seconds you can see something attached to that holster what is it. Is it a Tourniquet? Could this be the culprit?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    9-10 seconds you can see something attached to that holster what is it. Is it a Tourniquet? Could this be the culprit?
    I watched at 0.25 speed and I cannot see anything attached to the holster. Could you freeze frame and circle it please?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    I did not notice this before, but you are right. There is something white and string-like hanging off his holster when he turns to look after the discharge. The question is, what is it and why was it hanging from his holster?
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast