Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    BLUF- Wisconsin LEOs have now had a third discharge that has the 320s recommended for removal. I don't know why the link changed.
    I figured that's what happened. Didnt see the story you meant to link there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I am also not a glock fanboy either. They make a good gun, but they screwed the pooch with their takedown method.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Going through the posts here but maybe the rule "know the status of your firearm" should take precedence?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I cannot understand the conniptions people have over having to dry fire a piece to take it down. IF you are dumb enough to fire a weapon, under the pretense of "it went off while I was cleaning it" you are a nimrod who doesnt need to own or use that weapon or ANY weapon for that matter.
    The shit some people invent to worry about is mind boggling. Ill worry about a f-ing alien invasion before I get bent over dry firing a pistol to take it down.
    As for the 320's...I wouldnt own or be around one live for any reason. This crap has happened so many times now its irrefutable that the design is unsafe & flawed. Couldnt care less who disagrees..you are wrong.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1147 View Post
    Going through the posts here but maybe the rule "know the status of your firearm" should take precedence?
    That's a nice idea, but my statement was dealing with reality. The reality is, there are plenty of idiots, and many of them are around firearms. So there is no design flaw with glocks takedown unless you live in idiocracy, and unfortunately we do.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    We had an AD in my unit not long ago. The dumbass caught the strap from his coat sleeve between the holster and trigger when he holstered his weapon. Tried to put on his coat and off it went.

Every AD report I've read for these for Air Force Security Forces is 100% user error. Comments from the older guards is "it isn't safe because it doesn't have DA/SA or a falling locking block like the M9."

Yeah, or quit messing with the trigger.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Lots of issues seem to come from pre-2019 models and those users with those dated models who did not (voluntarily, mind you), turn in their weapon for the update/recall/what have you, are the weapons subject to the issues that were not actually NDs.

Definitely understand anyone’s hesitancy though.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    Lots of issues seem to come from pre-2019 models and those users with those dated models who did not (voluntarily, mind you), turn in their weapon for the update/recall/what have you, are the weapons subject to the issues that were not actually NDs.

Definitely understand anyone’s hesitancy though.
    The Wisconsin LE incidents were with Sig upgraded pistols, IIRC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to go ahead and say I doubt they will find any mechanical or design issues with the 320's used by the Milwaukee PD. Ill call it and say user error is the likely culprit. In 30 years in LE, I have personally seen quite a few ND's, and none of them have been due to a mechanical or design defect of the weapon. Each and every one was due to user error.

I'm not saying it can't happen due to mechanics or design, but if that was the case, this would be far more wide spread. IMO the drop fire issue the 320 originally had, is a built in excuse for any ND incidents with the 320. The perception is it is much easier to escape accountability, when you can say "It just went off, just like all those other 320s".

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-29-22 at 06:32.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...double post
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-28-22 at 07:45.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    MILWAUKEE- Every single member of the Milwaukee Police Department that carries a service weapon will have their current model exchanged for a new one over the next several months.

The City of Milwaukee, MPD, and the Milwaukee Police Association held a press conference Monday afternoon in which they announced that the current Sig Sauer p320 will be swapped for a Glock model. Three members of the police department were accidentally shot and wounded after a holstered service weapon accidentally discharged. All the officers wounded are expected to make full recoveries.

“These unexplained discharges are a serious concern for our members and just as concerning for our members,” Milwaukee Police Chief Jeffrey Norman said.

The cost of the transition will be roughly $450,000. Funding for the transition will come from the MPD’s asset forfeiture fund as well as left over funding from the department’s last firearm transition.

Norman says transitioning service weapons isn’t as easy as swapping out one model for another.

“All parties involved need to agree on what the next move is,” Norman said. “We are a large agency and there are challenges within the bureaucracy, a lot of people need to make decisions on this.”

The transition is expected to take several months between the ordering of the new guns, the delivery of the new service weapons and the training of officers on how to use it. Norman says he expects the transition to be complete sometime in 2023.

During today’s announcement, Milwaukee Police Association President Andrew Wagner said his organization was planning on dropping its lawsuit against the city over the continued use of the Sig Sauer.

Milwaukee Police to get new service weapons following accidental discharges & lawsuit
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast