Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    You think that wasn't a bought a paid for decision?? If so then Biden is a really smart guy and the bestest president ever. SIG being found guilty would have serious repercussions for the gov/military as they use the same POS pistol. Much like the trials being stopped half way through after SIG grossly undercut Glock by around $200 million dollars. But hey, believe what you want.
    Personally, I don't give it much thought. I don't care for the beta testing methods and steer clear of them for that reason.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Personally, I don't give it much thought. I don't care for the beta testing methods and steer clear of them for that reason.
    A fair point. I don't see what a 320 offers over a Glock. The trigger is ass, the overall dimensions are larger, it has more parts and is not as reliable. Big green demonstrated that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    A fair point. I don't see what a 320 offers over a Glock. The trigger is ass, the overall dimensions are larger, it has more parts and is not as reliable. Big green demonstrated that.
    And you forgot that it's even uglier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    And you forgot that it's even uglier.
    I'm not one for aesthetics but yes, the 320 is not a great looking pistol. To each their own...

Feedback Score
    Glock sold over 100,000 G-19X's in six months following the loss of the military contract. So they probably recouped their expenses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Glock sold over 100,000 G-19X's in six months following the loss of the military contract. So they probably recouped their expenses.
    Not the point. The trials were tainted and halted when SIG undercut Glock, with their inferior performing pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The saga continues. Another Milwaukee police officer was shot by his partner’s holstered P320. This is the 3rd instance of a holstered P320 firing uncommanded in a holster in Milwaukee PD service since Dec 2020. It is the second time an officer has been injured. They also have security footage of one of the incidents which show the officer was holding something else in his hands getting out of a car then the holstered firearm discharges.

Last night:
    https://www.wisn.com/article/milwauk...icted/41152890

Info on prior incidents with video of the second:
    https://www.wisn.com/article/mpd-gun...onths/38097781

Feedback Score
    I don’t own a consumer 320, but an actual M17. I like it and have been considering a 320 for carry. These articles do make me think. I wonder with more than one instance in the same department if the duty holster they are using could be a factor?

Feedback Score
    All those issues and a big PD still chooses this lemon?

Dumb.

They aren't sure what to do and need to test some other guns? It's been done. Beretta 92XG/M9A3 or A4, Glock, S&W M&P 2.0 and others. Holsters, lights, optics, etc. All already vetted & available. Dump the dangerous POS.

I'm not a big Glock fan but it's all Glocks in Police holsters in my area. Except for FHP. They do weird things. Beretta 96 DAO in the 90's, Glock .45 GAP's after that, and now they have this POS 320. Weird.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    All those issues and a big PD still chooses this lemon?

Dumb.

They aren't sure what to do and need to test some other guns? It's been done. Beretta 92XG/M9A3 or A4, Glock, S&W M&P 2.0 and others. Holsters, lights, optics, etc. All already vetted & available. Dump the dangerous POS.

I'm not a big Glock fan but it's all Glocks in Police holsters in my area. Except for FHP. They do weird things. Beretta 96 DAO in the 90's, Glock .45 GAP's after that, and now they have this POS 320. Weird.
    Side note and personal opinion: The Beretta M9A3 should have been given a go on their PIP and the military should have went with that.

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast