Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I key sentence in the article mentions if anything touches the trigger the gun goes off. As soon as I read that the officer mentioned in the article was snapping his keys to his gunbelt I have a pretty good idea of what happened. With striker fired guns that have fairly short light trigger pulls anything getting in the holster is going to pull the trigger. Additionally with the average patrol officer getting issued a light mounted weapon with flashlight capable holster there are alot of gaps around the trigger guard. My old department issues the Safariland 6360 holster with a TLR light for our P320 Carry model. You could get your finger to the trigger with the gaps around the trigger guard on the light holster. You could not come close to the trigger with the non light version of the same holster. To my knowledge the P320 is the first mass issued striker fired weapon that has a short/light trigger pull without a trigger safety. That type of trigger will require officers to be more aware of what is hanging from their uniforms. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 08-18-21 at 06:14.

Feedback Score
    Sig has yet another lawsuit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8coRUe8sc
    I have no reason to doubt the officer. At the same time, the manufacturer is put in the pretty impossible position of demonstrating that the officer did something neglectful, even though they were not there.

I'm glad that I've never had a desire to own this gun. I soured on Sig when they stopped supporting their 556 series. The irony is that I got one right near the end of production that functions great. Given the number of pistols out there with proven reputations with reliability, I am dumbfounded that our government decided to go with something new and unproven. Then again, I'm not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thankfully nobody else was injured or worse, but still no mention of whether or not the department sent their duty weapons in for the upgrade. It would definitely be interesting to find out how many if any had it done.

Started following this guy on YouTube and he actually had one of the better explanations of what Sig has done to fix the issue with the P320.

https://youtu.be/NGE0PnUM48I

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marh415 View Post
    Is there anything indicating that any of these pistols had AD's after the "upgrades" were done?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The Canadian military recently adopted the 320 as their "C22" service pistol, replacing their old Browning Hi-Powers. Wonder if theirs are going to be any safer?
    I'm going to need you to cite your source(s) on the part in bold.

The Canadians have a draft tender for what they intend to designate as the C22 pistol, but there is no word on who is (or will be) submitting what for the tender, much less who has 'won' the tender.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I take all these stories with a grain of salt, but that being said, we held up my departments transition to the 320 until they started producing the weapons with the new upgrades because of an unintentional discharge in a New Jersey department near our jurisdiction.

We've had them for almost 3 years now without incident(knock on wood). That for a 100+ officer dept.

The media loves these stories and usually fails to include certain details that would be pertinent to us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marh415 View Post
    Is there anything indicating that any of these pistols had AD's after the "upgrades" were done? Maybe I missed something? I dumped mine like hot potatoes when the issue first started gaining attention and went with their classic P series. Not sticking up for Sig, but 3 discharges the 1st time out at the range? Ummm?? Sounds a little strange regardless of his credentials. Anyway... I recently picked up the AGX Pro, and the 365XL for CC and also putting together a 2nd 320 with their CS FCU so I'm hoping these issues have been worked out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Yes, yes there is. Have a read, the good stuff starts around page 10.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...sig-sauer-inc/

Here's some winners for you.

92. On May 19, 2019, the upgraded P320 of Lieutenant Thomas Ahern of the Cambridge,
    Massachusetts, SWAT team fired un-commanded inside a SWAT van with six other occupants
    while he was working a shift for the annual Mayfair event near Harvard Square. The round
    struck a metal plate affixed to his cellphone case, deflected into a SWAT gear bag, and came to
    rest in a ballistic helmet, narrowly missing everyone. The casing of the round did not eject.
    Lieutenant Ahern is a SIG-certified armorer on the P320 with significant weapons experience. 6

93. On July 23, 2019, an upgraded P320 fired un-commanded on Officer Walter Collette, Jr.
    of the Somerville, Massachusetts, police department, hitting him in his leg and causing
    substantial injuries to his leg. The next day, an upgraded P320 fired un-commanded on a
    Homeland Security Agent at a firing range in the Bronx, New York

94. In August of 2019, a Philadelphia transit officer’s upgraded P320 fired un-commanded
    while fully-holstered, nearly striking a bystander in the subway. The incident was captured on
    video, it shows an “upgraded” P320 firing without the gun ever being touched and seated inside
    its holster. The officer involved, who noted that the round almost hit a bystander, was returned
    to duty the next day fully exonerated and with no discipline.

Feedback Score
    Eek. I've recently started eyeing the P365 or P365XL - do they have a similar trigger system?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I got away from Sig when they quit supporting the P239.

The 250, the 320, then the 365 messes pretty much completely turned me off from the brand and I likely won’t ever consider one again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressingonward View Post
    Eek. I've recently started eyeing the P365 or P365XL - do they have a similar trigger system?
    Not sure how similar they are but the 365 never had the AD issues. The very first gen had dead triggers but no ADs. At least not to my knowledge. Not that I'm some kind of an expert but in the 7 or so years it's been out I never once stumbled on a topic about 365 AD

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Putting the 320's potential AD issue aside, I'm still trying to figure out what the selling point of this pistol is. What does it potentially provide that other more proven models don't?

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast