Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    "You knew I was a snake..."

Sear issue? Lack of trigger safety? Too-light trigger? Too-narrow trigger guard? All of the above?

Whatever it is, SIG knows & doesn't care, and nobody should carry this POS.

At the very least it needs a manual safety, engaged, while carried.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    9-10 seconds you can see something attached to that holster what is it. Is it a Tourniquet? Could this be the culprit?
    I can only see that after the weapon discharged so I assume a chunk of the holster that just got destroyed.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Sear issue? Lack of trigger safety? Too-light trigger? Too-narrow trigger guard? All of the above?
    No.

Both the sear and the sear safety would need to fail together. Not broken, and in a way that can’t be replicated by anyone.

The Glock trigger tab safety is a drop safety. I keep saying this.

The trigger pull weight doesn’t matter in a holster, unless something else is in there pulling against the trigger.

Trigger guard width. Same as above, can’t matter in a high holster.

Your argument just makes it obvious you haven’t listened to any of the technical discussions on the mechanical operation of different parts.

I don’t own any P320’s, probably never will, not an Sig fanboy, I’m just interested in mechanical stuff.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    At some point there is so much smoke you can't even see the fire anymore.

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...uKA0s4AIcvJze/

ToddK

Isn't it possible that the trigger safety (which I agree is really a drop safety) does also add a small margin of additional safety from accidental pulls by debris of fraying holsters?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    No.

Both the sear and the sear safety would need to fail together. Not broken, and in a way that can’t be replicated by anyone.

The Glock trigger tab safety is a drop safety. I keep saying this.

The trigger pull weight doesn’t matter in a holster, unless something else is in there pulling against the trigger.

Trigger guard width. Same as above, can’t matter in a high holster.

Your argument just makes it obvious you haven’t listened to any of the technical discussions on the mechanical operation of different parts.

I don’t own any P320’s, probably never will, not an Sig fanboy, I’m just interested in mechanical stuff.
    Sear issue is unlikely because yes, the firing pin disconnector would have to fail, too.

The trigger face safety lever is not just for drops. It also protects against something on the sides of the trigger pulling it back.

My money is on a too-narrow trigger guard, non-engaged manual safety, no trigger face safety lever, and a light pull conspiring to allow easy AD's.

The guns should not be carried in that configuration. Empirical evidence is all that is needed to condemn them.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-30-23 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sear issue is unlikely because yes, the firing pin disconnector would have to fail, too.

The trigger face safety lever is not just for drops. It also protects against something on the sides of the trigger pulling it back.

My money is on a too-narrow trigger guard, non-engaged manual safety, no trigger face safety lever, and a light pull conspiring to allow easy AD's.

The guns should not be carried in that configuration. Empirical evidence is all that is needed to condemn them.
    Empirical: Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment. Don’t think this has been accomplished.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    Empirical: Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment. Don’t think this has been accomplished.
    Verifiable or provable by means of observation.

I think we've seen enough video & read enough reports.

Using this gun when there are so many others that in practice don't have this problem is just stupid.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Verifiable or provable by means of observation.

I think we've seen enough video & read enough reports.

Using this gun when there are so many others that in practice don't have this problem is just stupid.
    Well, you key on observation and in my observation, inanimate objects do nothing and most people are either stupid or ignorant - now does that make me right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We've had multiple instances of Glocks "spontaneously firing" in my department over the years. But my department understands mechanical devices and knows a properly operating Glock wont fire without the trigger being pulled. Since the Sig P320 has almost the exact same types of safety devices we also understand they wont fire without the trigger being pulled.

We had a guy sitting in his car. He turned his body to use the computer and his Glock fired. Turned out that some sort of string from his jacket had gotten into the holster when he holstered his gun. The turning movent caused the string to tighted and pull the trigger.

We've had someone put their Glock in a gym bag in a loose fitting holster. Gun came out of the holster and when he tossed the gym bag on a chair the Glock fired.

We've had a few guys drop their Glock and try to catch it. The gun fired. They swear they didnt pull the trigger. We specifically teach not to try and catch dropped guns because of this.

We also have a lot of guys (probably a couple hundred) that have been carrying P320s for the last several years. I havent heard of or seen any NDs with them. In that time frame we've had two NDs with Glock in the range from disassembly **** ups. So maybe the Glock is inherently unsafe as it REQUIRES pulling the trigger to disassemble? How many thousands of people have been injured throughout the years because of this faulty design that Glock knows about? How many super trained law enforcement officers, competition shooters, and military members have accidentally fired their Glock over the years?

Or maybe we just blame the user for misuse of some guns and blame the gun for others?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    We've had multiple instances of Glocks "spontaneously firing" in my department over the years. But my department understands mechanical devices and knows a properly operating Glock wont fire without the trigger being pulled. Since the Sig P320 has almost the exact same types of safety devices we also understand they wont fire without the trigger being pulled.

We had a guy sitting in his car. He turned his body to use the computer and his Glock fired. Turned out that some sort of string from his jacket had gotten into the holster when he holstered his gun. The turning movent caused the string to tighted and pull the trigger.

We've had someone put their Glock in a gym bag in a loose fitting holster. Gun came out of the holster and when he tossed the gym bag on a chair the Glock fired.

We've had a few guys drop their Glock and try to catch it. The gun fired. They swear they didnt pull the trigger. We specifically teach not to try and catch dropped guns because of this.

We also have a lot of guys (probably a couple hundred) that have been carrying P320s for the last several years. I havent heard of or seen any NDs with them. In that time frame we've had two NDs with Glock in the range from disassembly **** ups. So maybe the Glock is inherently unsafe as it REQUIRES pulling the trigger to disassemble? How many thousands of people have been injured throughout the years because of this faulty design that Glock knows about? How many super trained law enforcement officers, competition shooters, and military members have accidentally fired their Glock over the years?

Or maybe we just blame the user for misuse of some guns and blame the gun for others?
    It seems the 320 is even more susceptible to accidental firing than a Glock.

There is nothing so redeeming about it that makes it worth the increased risk of a life-changing or life-ending injury for the user or someone else.

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast