Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Not sure how similar they are but the 365 never had the AD issues. The very first gen had dead triggers but no ADs. At least not to my knowledge. Not that I'm some kind of an expert but in the 7 or so years it's been out I never once stumbled on a topic about 365 AD

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The P365 series is similar but not exactly the same as the P320. AFAIK there have been no documentation mechanical AD’s with P365 series guns. IMHO the P365 is a better design and in a perfect world SIG would scale up the 365, call it the P320 2.0 and drop the original 320. Unfortunately the MHS/M17/M18 contract guarantees that will never happen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd rather buy a Canik.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I'd rather buy a Canik.
    Canik has had it’s own drop safety issues and “upgrade” program

http://monderno.com/monderno/canik-t...afety-concern/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...m-pistols/amp/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Personally I think SIG’s lack of integrity in acknowledging the problem is a bigger issue than the original mechanical design issue.
    ^^^This X100. That is why todays Sig is dead to me. I would buy a German made legacy P-series on the used market but other than that I don't even look at Sig anymore.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will throw in my .02

I bought a p365 and was impressed with it. It replaced my trusty g26. It is a nice package and I still carry it.

Shortly after, I became curious about the p320. This was post voluntary upgrade. I quickly fell in love. The ergos were great. It shot great for me. I quickly bought 2 more. The units I purchased were all carry models. I took advantage and purchased compact and subcompact grip modules, allowing me to set up the guns in 3 different forms very easily. I also played with after market grip modules and really liked the Wilson combat grip module. I sold off a bunch of glocks and though I found my new love.

But as I became more intimate with the design, I didn't really like what I saw. I also continued hearing reports of post recall (not a recall) issues.

I made the decision to ditch them. I don't think they are unsafe, but I think there are better designs. I think the striker block is not as good as those found on other guns. I think not including a trigger dingus was a mistake, and continues to be one. I also think having a fully tensioned striker is a bad idea, especially combined with the aforementioned issues. It also seems that with the design, if you got enough slop in your slide to fcu fit, could the striker slip of the sear? I think glock did it right, even though it's like holding a 2x4.

The p365 is similar, but there are slight differences. I added a manual safety to mine. To me there set up is comparable to carrying a single action pistol with no safety.
    I am still willing to carry the p365, maybe because the ease of carry has spoiled me.

I still love there da/SA guns. But for strikers, having tried many various brands, I have just gone back to glock (besides my p365)

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    I have three p320's. Two have safeties and one does not. I am considering selling the non safety gun.

The modularity is pretty real. Neither of my SIGs with safeties are in their original configuration. One is an M18 that now has a 40sw slide and barrel and an X-Carry grip module. The other is an M17 that now has a 9mm subcompact slide and grip.

I reconfigured them because SIG didn't make a 40 or a subcompact with safety and that's what I wanted, so I just made what I wanted. It's the AR-15 of handguns in the sense that you can replace any part without tools.

I guess with this story I'm trying to understand if it is a trigger issue in which case those safeties are protecting me or if it's something else.
    Last edited by Martin248; 08-22-21 at 03:52.

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I will throw in my .02

I bought a p365 and was impressed with it. It replaced my trusty g26. It is a nice package and I still carry it.

Shortly after, I became curious about the p320. This was post voluntary upgrade. I quickly fell in love. The ergos were great. It shot great for me. I quickly bought 2 more. The units I purchased were all carry models. I took advantage and purchased compact and subcompact grip modules, allowing me to set up the guns in 3 different forms very easily. I also played with after market grip modules and really liked the Wilson combat grip module. I sold off a bunch of glocks and though I found my new love.

But as I became more intimate with the design, I didn't really like what I saw. I also continued hearing reports of post recall (not a recall) issues.

I made the decision to ditch them. I don't think they are unsafe, but I think there are better designs. I think the striker block is not as good as those found on other guns. I think not including a trigger dingus was a mistake, and continues to be one. I also think having a fully tensioned striker is a bad idea, especially combined with the aforementioned issues. It also seems that with the design, if you got enough slop in your slide to fcu fit, could the striker slip of the sear? I think glock did it right, even though it's like holding a 2x4.

The p365 is similar, but there are slight differences. I added a manual safety to mine. To me there set up is comparable to carrying a single action pistol with no safety.
    I am still willing to carry the p365, maybe because the ease of carry has spoiled me.

I still love there da/SA guns. But for strikers, having tried many various brands, I have just gone back to glock (besides my p365)

Soli Deo Gloria
    You know why the term Glock leg came about do you?

The “reports” that come out end up finding out that the trigger ended up being manipulated and causing the gun to go off.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal556 View Post
    You know why the term Glock leg came about do you?

The “reports” that come out end up finding out that the trigger ended up being manipulated and causing the gun to go off.
    Yep, and it is easier to accidentally do that on a p320. It's also easier for it to have a mechanical failure that causes an AD.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    I have three p320's. Two have safeties and one does not. I am considering selling the non safety gun.

The modularity is pretty real. Neither of my SIGs with safeties are in their original configuration. One is an M18 that now has a 40sw slide and barrel and an X-Carry grip module. The other is an M17 that now has a 9mm subcompact slide and grip.

I reconfigured them because SIG didn't make a 40 or a subcompact with safety and that's what I wanted, so I just made what I wanted. It's the AR-15 of handguns in the sense that you can replace any part without tools.

I guess with this story I'm trying to understand if it is a trigger issue in which case those safeties are protecting me or if it's something else.
    It is not a trigger issue. The 320 drop safe / AD issues involve the striker /sear interface. The P320 manual safety only secures the trigger bar - as such it has no effect on the drop safe/AD issues.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Yep, and it is easier to accidentally do that on a p320. It's also easier for it to have a mechanical failure that causes an AD.

Soli Deo Gloria

No.

Re: Accidental Discharges- the original design P320s (pre 04/2018) and IME, at least some of the upgraded original guns are subject to mechanical failure AD issues. I’ve seen no evidence the current production 320s still have that issue.

Re: Negligent Discharges. The P320 is no easier to have an operator error ND with than any of the other dozens of striker fired pistols on the market. A short light trigger is a short light trigger.

Unfortunately the ball of bullshit spinning around the actual P320 ADs has resulted in many operator induced NDs being mid-attributed to the gun.

As I mentioned up thread, many LE agencies have seen increases in NDs when transitioning from DA/DAO guns to striker guns due to bad / trigger checking habits etc. this was well documented in an OIG report by the LA County Sheriff regarding their transition from Beretta 92s to S&W M&Ps.

The report, “ Assessing the Rise in Unintended Discharges Following the Sheriff’s Department’s
    Conversion to a New Handgun” can be read here:

Assessing the Rise in Unintended Discharges Following the Sheriff’s Department’s Conversion to a New Handgun
    Last edited by HCM; 08-22-21 at 12:21.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast