Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    Meanwhile still no video evidence of somebody sneaking their finger into the holsters of guns in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I posted a picture earlier in this thread, post 397, of my Glock 17 Surefire X300 combo in a Safariland holster. the trigger is easily viewed through the opening for the light. I have pretty large hands and I can get my finger easily deep enough to touch that trigger. I couldn't pull the trigger, but someone with slender fingers definitely could.
    6xxx series? You got me curious and I can touch the side of of the trigger on a 6360 for X300, and probably could pull it(although that would be painful), but either way I don't think a person could do that inadvertently. The 7377 for X300(that I use more often) I can barely slip a finger in to the opening and it would have to be a very tiny adult finger really working at it to get to the trigger.

I just tried a cord lock(micro size) on an REI ultralight jacket and I don't think it could inadvertently get in to the 7377 while the holster is inserted, but the 6360 appears very possible. I don't think the ITW Nexus sized cord locks found on most "tactical gear" would fit in either with the pistol holstered. Obviously cord locks, fabric, and anything else that is inside an empty holster when inserting the pistol stands a decent chance of firing the pistol.

All that being said, the pictures I have seen of a Safariland Sig/X300 6xxx holster appeared to have openings more in line with the 7377 I have for a Glock which is considerably smaller than the openings around the 6360 so I would *assume* a 7xxx for Sig X300 would be smaller still.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I posted a picture earlier in this thread, post 397, of my Glock 17 Surefire X300 combo in a Safariland holster. the trigger is easily viewed through the opening for the light. I have pretty large hands and I can get my finger easily deep enough to touch that trigger. I couldn't pull the trigger, but someone with slender fingers definitely could.
    I wear a size M glove, and my fingers aren’t very sausagey, and I wasn’t able to do it, even with my pinky. I couldn’t depress the dingus, and I have a newfound respect for Glock’s trigger “safety”.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Safety Bulletin: Light Bearing Holsters for Pistols

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety...rs-for-pistols
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Safety Bulletin: Light Bearing Holsters for Pistols

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety...rs-for-pistols
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I wear a size M glove, and my fingers aren’t very sausagey, and I wasn’t able to do it, even with my pinky. I couldn’t depress the dingus, and I have a newfound respect for Glock’s trigger “safety”.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible.
    I do believe the trigger safety on the Glock would make this type of ND harder to happen than guns without, ie the P320.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    The Truth About Guns did an update on cases against Sig. It appears no plaintiff has successfully obtained a judgment agains Sig thus far.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/he...ls-are-unsafe/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    The Truth About Guns did an update on cases against Sig. It appears no plaintiff has successfully obtained a judgment against Sig thus far.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/he...ls-are-unsafe/
    At the end of the day, if the gun can't be shown to fire uncommanded, I really don't see how Sig is liable.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Well, because it is on video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Well, because it is on video.
    So, it should be easy to replicate…

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast