Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I guess to sum it up, the glock design is not that great because it RELIES on YOU being safe, and many people are not reliable.

Just look at how many car accidents there are everyday. Outside of mechanical failure, each one of those accidents was caused by someone not doing their part.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Which pretty much sums up a majority of ND with firearms. Glock leg was not the fault of Glock but rather the fault of a person being careless (most of the time not purposefully) and thus the gun going off, same with the P320.

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Heaven forbid, some paperwork and additional costs. If money and time are so precious then maybe selecting ONE gun that does it all would be the most efficient way to save both time and money. Modularity is a gimmick and not economically viable.

And support a Muslim nation that hates you. Good idea.

And there's also this ^^^^

Agreed.

Did you have a read of the Guay Vs SIG deposition? There are 2019 manufactured 320's having UMCOMMANDED discharges in the holster. There is in fact one case from a June 2020. The gun from 2020 may or may not be a pre "upgrade" gun. Either way, SIG failing to call it a RECALL in hopes of saving money and face, is a pathetic move from a company who was/is desperate to secure large contracts at the risk of user safety.

Yeah, your last line tells us that you clearly don't trust yourself and want a dummy design(not that they exist) to keep you safe from yourself. If you aren't aware of what you're doing with a firearm you shouldn't be handling one. Be it shooting, holstering, cleaning, modifying, etc. If you aren't aware, you're wrong. Fatigue is a BS excuse. Fatigue leads to laziness which is NEGLIGENCE. Substances? F*ck you(Not you personally) and your drugs, I hope you end yourself if you're a user and handling firearms. Sickness, what??? If you're so out of it you are unaware of your actions, stop playing with dangerous items.

All I see are excuses for being dumb, which is another way of saying NEGLIGENT behavior. Clearing your firearm before cleaning is necessary for ALL firearms. Blaming a design for the NEGLIGENT actions of user is weak.

As I posted above. All firearms rely on you to be safe and operate them in an ADULT capacity. Remember the fundamental four firearms rules? You need to break all four plus have a loaded firearm before anyone gets hurt. How many more chances do you need not to f*ck up??

Something that keeps being skipped when people keep bringing up the lawsuits is the gun did not just out of the blue go off. The same story of “put my hand on the gun when it was in the holster” is the reoccurring theme going on which is the same thing that happened with a lot of the Glock leg incidents.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Heaven forbid, some paperwork and additional costs. If money and time are so precious then maybe selecting ONE gun that does it all would be the most efficient way to save both time and money. Modularity is a gimmick and not economically viable.

And support a Muslim nation that hates you. Good idea.

And there's also this ^^^^

Agreed.

Did you have a read of the Guay Vs SIG deposition? There are 2019 manufactured 320's having UMCOMMANDED discharges in the holster. There is in fact one case from a June 2020. The gun from 2020 may or may not be a pre "upgrade" gun. Either way, SIG failing to call it a RECALL in hopes of saving money and face, is a pathetic move from a company who was/is desperate to secure large contracts at the risk of user safety.

Yeah, your last line tells us that you clearly don't trust yourself and want a dummy design(not that they exist) to keep you safe from yourself. If you aren't aware of what you're doing with a firearm you shouldn't be handling one. Be it shooting, holstering, cleaning, modifying, etc. If you aren't aware, you're wrong. Fatigue is a BS excuse. Fatigue leads to laziness which is NEGLIGENCE. Substances? F*ck you(Not you personally) and your drugs, I hope you end yourself if you're a user and handling firearms. Sickness, what??? If you're so out of it you are unaware of your actions, stop playing with dangerous items.

All I see are excuses for being dumb, which is another way of saying NEGLIGENT behavior. Clearing your firearm before cleaning is necessary for ALL firearms. Blaming a design for the NEGLIGENT actions of user is weak.

As I posted above. All firearms rely on you to be safe and operate them in an ADULT capacity. Remember the fundamental four firearms rules? You need to break all four plus have a loaded firearm before anyone gets hurt. How many more chances do you need not to f*ck up??
    I am not talking about myself. If you actually took the time to read what I wrote you would understand that.

I carry a p365. I carry a glock. I am looking at things objectively and saying there are designs that are more safe in others, because they have extra layers of safety engineered into them.

This has nothing to do with me.

Fatigue is also not B.S. Things like heat exhaustion are a real thing and they effect ones ability to make good decisions. People die from fatigue every year. I am guessing you have never had to suffer through osha training courses.

My ego is not invested in my guns. I can own and appreciate a firearm, and at the same time criticize its design

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It is not a trigger issue. The 320 drop safe / AD issues involve the striker /sear interface. The P320 manual safety only secures the trigger bar - as such it has no effect on the drop safe/AD issues.
    Do you have proof that the issues being reported aren't trigger issues? I'm talking post upgrade.

It seems to me like a lot of them are explained by poor trigger control. Which is a real issue--I'm a clumsy person too, which is why I want a manual safety on any pistol I keep loaded, particularly striker fired. For me that's the right choice, I'm not an elite operator and I'll make a mistake one day (like a cord dangling in the holster) and I'll be saved by the safety.

Feedback Score
    More redundancy is better than less.

I clean my gun on my dining room table. The safest direction is still going to put a hole in my floor and an indoor discharge is likely going to damage my hearing. I'd prefer not to have a negligent discharge at all and not rely only on ensureling no one get shot.

So a gun that has extra safety features built in is strictly better than one that doesn't, so long as those features aren't interfering with normal use.

I wish Glock had a better takedown, I wish it had a thumb safety, just like I wish the P320 internal safety blocked that striker. None of them are perfect, but they're all pretty good

I feel like we, the gun buying public should always be demanding more in these areas, and over the years we have gotten more. Pistols today are much safer than fifty years ago, but they can still all be made better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    More redundancy is better than less.

I clean my gun on my dining room table. The safest direction is still going to put a hole in my floor and an indoor discharge is likely going to damage my hearing. I'd prefer not to have a negligent discharge at all and not rely only on ensureling no one get shot.

So a gun that has extra safety features built in is strictly better than one that doesn't, so long as those features aren't interfering with normal use.

I wish Glock had a better takedown, I wish it had a thumb safety, just like I wish the P320 internal safety blocked that striker. None of them are perfect, but they're all pretty good

I feel like we, the gun buying public should always be demanding more in these areas, and over the years we have gotten more. Pistols today are much safer than fifty years ago, but they can still all be made better.
    Everyone overlooks the most obvious thing. Your gun is already loaded. If you can manage to keep your finger off the trigger then you can manage to disassemble the gun without an ND.

Somehow we manage to carry and hold loaded weapons that at any moment with the millisecond break in concentration we could pull the trigger and no one is calling that a flaw

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised the M&P doesn't sit in more police holsters simply due to the thumb safety and takedown method. Guess it's hard to compete with the Glock marketing and deal making.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I'm honestly surprised the M&P doesn't sit in more police holsters simply due to the thumb safety and takedown method. Guess it's hard to compete with the Glock marketing and deal making.
    Yes.

Plus, Police agencies are slow to change / upgrade because "this is the way we've always done it..."

As for trigger-pulling Glock-like feild stripping it's not just ME who has to be cognizant of procedure.

Ever been at a range, or Police office, or buddies house when they start to feild strip a weapon? Especially a non-enthusiest Police Officer with Glock or similar?

I have as have many of us. I do my best to keep an eye on them or just leave the room by rounding the nearest solid obstacle or concrete wall.

Sometimes people dont just "Glock leg" themselves, they shoot someone else.

I know Glocks are reliable, light weapons but they and Sig 320's arent the only gun in town. I only recommend Glocks for consideration to pragmatic, experienced, mechanically knowledgeable firearm enthusiasts.

I think there are better options today for general Police issue.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-23-21 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yes.

Plus, Police agencies are slow to change / upgrade because "this is the way we've always done it..."

As for trigger-pulling Glock-like feild stripping it's not just ME who has to be cognizant of procedure.

Ever been at a range, or Police office, or buddies house when they start to feild strip a weapon? Especially a non-enthusiest Police Officer with Glock or similar?

I have as have many of us. I do my best to keep an eye on them or just leave the room by rounding the nearest solid obstacle or concrete wall.

Sometimes people dont just "Glock leg" themselves, they shoot someone else.

I know Glocks are reliable, light weapons but they and Sig 320's arent the only gun in town. I only recommend Glocks for consideration to pragmatic, experienced, mechanically knowledgeable firearm enthusiasts.

I think there are better options today for general Police issue.
    I agree, and this is the point I was trying to make about the glock, which is a firearm I like. People always misinterpret my critique of certain firearms as a lack of confidence in myself. It's not, it's a lack of confidence in the general public that I have

On top of that, when people shoot themselves with their guns, it makes the entire 2A community look bad, because the MSM and politicians spin the situation into "guns err bad"

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I agree, and this is the point I was trying to make about the glock, which is a firearm I like. People always misinterpret my critique of certain firearms as a lack of confidence in myself. It's not, it's a lack of confidence in the general public that I have

On top of that, when people shoot themselves with their guns, it makes the entire 2A community look bad, because the MSM and politicians spin the situation into "guns err bad"

Soli Deo Gloria
    But the general public can carry loaded guns!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast