Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FTRB issue with a 11.5 BCM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    So one malfunction in 500 rounds and it is a dire situation? Give it a good clean and as suggested try some other ammo.

If it won’t make 500 rounds of Federal and IMI 5.56, something is wrong.

If he has to clean it and start picking through ammo to find something that runs, something is wrong.

I wouldn’t waste another second or penny on it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    If it won’t make 500 rounds of Federal and IMI 5.56, something is wrong.

If he has to clean it and start picking through ammo to find something that runs, something is wrong.

I wouldn’t waste another second or penny on it.
    You assume that all 500 rounds were in spec. Which, as we all should know, occasionally they aren’t.

Used to be, around here, we would try a few minor things, get a better feel for what’s going on. Now we’re at ditch half the gun as first step.

I miss the good old days.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    You assume that all 500 rounds were in spec. Which, as we all should know, occasionally they aren’t.

Used to be, around here, we would try a few minor things, get a better feel for what’s going on. Now we’re at ditch half the gun as first step.

I'm tracking with your suggestions. Gonna re-spring first. Failing that, a BRT tube (suggested). Upper has a good, accurate barrel on it...is zeroed with my irons, RDS and thermal.

Not gonna shit can it so easily.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post

Those barrels are a known quantity/quality and from experience, I wouldn’t bother.

With the cost and availability of good ammo, and the scarcity of time, a new barrel is cheap.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Those barrels are a known quantity/quality and from experience, I wouldn’t bother.

With the cost and availability of good ammo, and the scarcity of time, a new barrel is cheap.
    Until you have to pay someone to switch it.

And this is the first time I’ve heard that bcm 11.5s are so horribly over gassed.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I am having trouble understanding why an overgassed rifle would fail to return to battery. Am I misunderstanding the acronym?

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

FTRB issue with a 11.5 BCM

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am having trouble understanding why an overgassed rifle would fail to return to battery. Am I misunderstanding the acronym?

Andy
    It makes no sense to me either.

One FTRB…..so scrap the upper.

That’s hilarious.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-20-21 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand how "horribly over gassed send it to the dust bin" equates to what is essentially a 2% failure rate (roughly 1 FTRB every 500 rounds?) Are all the mags you are using of the same type and manufacturer?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gen 3 pmags, newish NHMTGs, refurbished NHMTGs. All aluminum have either sprinco or SAW red springs w/ magpul followers.

Upper is not getting shit canned. Green spring from sprinco is inbound and I will update the thread after next range sesh.
    Last edited by Patrin; 08-20-21 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I don't understand how "horribly over gassed send it to the dust bin" equates to what is essentially a 2% failure rate (roughly 1 FTRB every 500 rounds?) Are all the mags you are using of the same type and manufacturer?
    That's a 0.2% failure rate. Higher than I'd feel comfortable with, given quality ammo, but not a crazy rate.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast