Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FTRB issue with a 11.5 BCM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Naw, there IS a difference.

My guns run smoother, and are less jumpy under recoil, with H2 buffers as opposed to standard or H.

Many other folks have also had this actual, physical experience.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It's possible there could be quality control issues or some part being out of spec.

The A5 was thoroughly tested- by the Marine Corps, I believe. They found it more reliable than the rifle RE assembly which is pretty damn reliable.
    In that test the carbine spring/H6 equipped guns also outperformed the A4, equaled the A5 on reliability, and the A5 had a failure to lock back, when the H6 didn’t. The stoppages that occurred with the A5 and H6 equipped guns were all bad mags and light strikes except for the one failure to lock back with A5. Extrapolate what you will from that.

i-8qBXZcK-Th.gif

From my experiences, I don’t think the A5 performs as well as well as a carbine/H or H2.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The green spring does have a slightly higher force than a regular rifle spring.

Something like 4-5% more.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't think the green spring has more "punch" but I do believe it's more consistent.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    In that test the carbine spring/H6 equipped guns also outperformed the A4, equaled the A5 on reliability, and the A5 had a failure to lock back, when the H6 didn’t. The stoppages that occurred with the A5 and H6 equipped guns were all bad mags and light strikes except for the one failure to lock back with A5. Extrapolate what you will from that.

i-8qBXZcK-Th.gif

From my experiences, I don’t think the A5 performs as well as well as a carbine/H or H2.
    As the H6 buffer (5.2 oz) is about the same weight as a rifle buffer (5 oz), it's performance shouldn't come as a big surprise. I haven't tested the H6 or the H3 (5.4 oz). I don't have any on hand.

Recoil was softer with the A5 with green spring and A5H2 buffer than the H buffer with standard carbine spring with 11.5 inch suppressed uppers. Recoil with the H2 buffer was almost as soft as with the A5H2 combo.

The softest and flattest recoiling combo I tested was the A5H2 and green spring with a 20 inch HBar profile barrel and Battlecomp. The reticle hardly moved at all during recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The green spring does have a slightly higher force than a regular rifle spring.

Something like 4-5% more.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-10-21 at 11:31.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345