Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt CR6960

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    More for me, thank you.

My Colt Defense rifles are in my "Hollee Crap I need a rifle that is a very known quantity" safe with some HKs and a few others...
    That was still always speculation. LE6920s stamped Colt’s Manufacturing, the CAR prefix 6720s and A4s, the Colts Manufacturing Sporter 6920s were all made at the same time at the same place.

An LE 6920 uses a different barrel, handguard, rear sight, lower, FCG, safety, buffer, and different packaging than an M4, so to think that they were mil-spec guns pulled from the same line as M4s has always been a stretch as they have to set up to run the different models.

There’s still tons of CR prefix guns shipping to LE all over the US. If you trusted Colt 5 years ago, I don’t see why you wouldn’t trust them now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PART I because I can only insert one vid per post-

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    We know for example Colt Retro Rifles are nothing more than hobby rifles with interesting roll marks.
    Those rifles are much more than that. According to Ken Hackathorn, Colt supplied U.S. Ordnance with all the blueprints and tech data for the XM177E2 and the original roll mark dies.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PART II

Larry Vickers says Curtis Debord of U.S. Ordnance is a serious AR guy with an extensive collection of ARs and has done a number of clones.

The Colt retros were well made and I wish I bought them when available.

I've had a chance to strip down a CR6920. I didn't see any difference from an LE6920. I didn't check the handguards because for me, 6920 furniture are placeholders. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a new Colt AR in the future. In fact, the Colt remains my first choice.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-18-21 at 15:43.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    .....I would not touch a recent Colt product with a ten foot pole. An older model Colt? Heck yes, but hard pass on this new stuff.
    i see that some people think the older colts are better, but how old? those made over 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 14.7 years ago? what's the cut-off?

Feedback Score
    Just got a M4 upper and was ready to go sight it in tomorrow morning. It didn't have a front sight post. Nice.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Just got a M4 upper and was ready to go sight it in tomorrow morning. It didn't have a front sight post. Nice.
    Call Colt customer service. I’ve had to warranty a barrel with them, and I found them very pleasant to deal with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Call Colt customer service. I’ve had to warranty a barrel with them, and I found them very pleasant to deal with.
    That's my plan. I didn't know if it'd be faster to order the parts and watch YouTube on how to install it or send it on in. Probably won't have time to shoot it for awhile now anyway so if their CS is good, I'll let them handle it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    That's my plan. I didn't know if it'd be faster to order the parts and watch YouTube on how to install it or send it on in. Probably won't have time to shoot it for awhile now anyway so if their CS is good, I'll let them handle it.
    If you can screw in a lightbulb, you can install a sight post into a sight base. It helps to have one of those pronged sight adjustment tools. I hope Colt CS is as easy for you to deal with as they were for me.

Feedback Score
    Just an update, Colt told me to pound sand, that it was up to Brownells to make it right. I called Brownells and they emailed a shipping label to send it in, and even pulled a new upper out of stock to make sure there would be one still waiting when they received mine.

I was suprised with the woman's attitude that I spoke to. I was very polite and told her I knew things happen, and it wasn't a big deal. She just asked for the serial number. I told her this was just an upper, not a whole rifle. Apparently that's all they'll warranty or fix. ..complete firearms.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Just an update, Colt told me to pound sand, that it was up to Brownells to make it right. I called Brownells and they emailed a shipping label to send it in, and even pulled a new upper out of stock to make sure there would be one still waiting when they received mine.

I was suprised with the woman's attitude that I spoke to. I was very polite and told her I knew things happen, and it wasn't a big deal. She just asked for the serial number. I told her this was just an upper, not a whole rifle. Apparently that's all they'll warranty or fix. ..complete firearms.
    Wow sorry to hear that. My customer service experience with Colt was the complete opposite. Maybe it’s the new management? I’m glad Brownell’s stepped up and took care of you. I’ve always had good experiences with Brownell’s. Good to know it’s not just me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast