Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best A1 stock kit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    The fact that no one else has made a version of the Colt CS by now really pisses me off. I used to have two... wish that I still did.

Feel free to message me if you're selling one, or selling a good condition A1 type E with trapdoor.
    You guys do realize that the CS stock is made by Colt Canada for the C7, A2 polymer A1 length, like some have said the best. They also made a CL and maybe a CM, during their FAL days they also had short, medium and long stocks for the L1A1's. And no I'm keeping both of mine
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    You guys do realize that the CS stock is made by Colt Canada for the C7, A2 polymer A1 length, like some have said the best.
    Yes. We know, and that's why it's so desirable. I'm ok with the old M16 surplus stocks, but the CS would be nicer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why I’m looking forward to the PSA/H&R A1 stock. It looks like the modern A2 materials in A1 length. Slap a metal A2 buttplate on there and we finally have a properly made domestic CS stock facsimile available.

Feedback Score
    FYI, these just popped up, get them while they last... https://www.apexgunparts.com/colt-ar...minum-new.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sarco. Used USGI A1 stock with trapdoor. Take your chances? (I have no personal experience with these.)

I used to get these from Numrich. Once I scrubbed the hell out of them to remove 80% of the ingrained dirt (best I could do), I applied black shoe polish. Covered some of the scratches, shined 'em up pretty, and didn't smell too bad.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-m16a1-...with-trapdoor/
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Sarco. Used USGI A1 stock with trapdoor. Take your chances? (I have no personal experience with these.)
    I think I've ordered from them before. Don't remember any issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post

I used to get these from Numrich. Once I scrubbed the hell out of them to remove 80% of the ingrained dirt (best I could do), I applied black shoe polish. Covered some of the scratches, shined 'em up pretty, and didn't smell too bad.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-m16a1-...with-trapdoor/
    I got one of those and the metal butt plate from Fulton armory for my M16A4 clone because I wanted the shorter lop but when people see it they comment on how old the stock looks no matter what I do to dress it up.

Doesn’t bother me at all though it’s solid.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    I got one of those and the metal butt plate from Fulton armory for my M16A4 clone because I wanted the shorter lop but when people see it they comment on how old the stock looks no matter what I do to dress it up.

Quick historical note. Around 2006 or so, Numrich sold the A1 trapdoor stocks (probably national guard take offs) for about $21 and the older, non-trapdoor A1-length stocks for about $7. Numrich published a letter from a battalion armorer in Iraq who had bought a bunch of the non-trapdoor stocks and installed them on request for persons of smaller stature; he specifically mentioned females and Mexicans. He thanked Numrich for making these stocks available because the A2 stocks, as issued, were almost unusable for the smaller recruits.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post

As far as I know, Fulton Armory has only had the A1 aluminum trap doors over the last couple of years incorrectly paired with A2 butt plates. Though I guess you weren't going for a perfect clone because of the A1 stock.

Feedback Score
    This makes perfect sense.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast