Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought PVS 14 and need help with a helmet mount

Feedback Score

Just bought PVS 14 and need help with a helmet mount

I bought 1 PVS 14 and am looking at helmet mounts. The style I want is the kind that I can flip the tube from one eye to the other on the fly.

What is the correct term for that feature so I don't buy the wrong one?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure what the correct term is, but your best bet would be the Wilcox PVS-14 Arm.

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-anpvs-1...nterface-shoe/

I would also look at the new Noisefighters X-14 Arm. It looks like it might fit your needs.

https://tnvc.com/shop/noisefigter-x14-arm/

Just know that if you move away from using the traditional j-arm, you’re going to have to upgrade from a bayonet style mount to a dovetail mount.

Feedback Score
    Thanks the Wilcox style is what I was thinking of.
    I think it needs to be a 110º Travel arm and for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were called.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Norotos INVG is a great choice also.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Mod Armory J arm in a surplus Rhino2 mount updated to a dovetail interface is a nice setup. I did this to start out with plans to go a Wilcox eventually, but know I don’t see any reason to.

https://www.modarmory.com/product/an...net-interface/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    Mod Armory J arm in a surplus Rhino2 mount updated to a dovetail interface is a nice setup. I did this to start out with plans to go a Wilcox eventually, but know I don’t see any reason to.

https://www.modarmory.com/product/an...net-interface/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought a cheap Rhino II off Ebay and modded it with the Norotos adapter, added a Noise Fighters dovetail arm recently. Great setup and half the price easily of a Wilcox etc....Very stable with decent adjustments. I use it with my Flir Breach which is primarily just a monocular.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Also once you change out the standard military J arm, expect the auto shutoff function to stop working or get really wanky. Talk to 100+ people every year that bought one of the high dollar $400. aftermarket J arms and then are pissed cause the auto shutoff stops working.

Admittedly the auto shutoff feature on the 14s sucks and you should get into the habit of shutting it off manually before flipping up. But for the folks that like the feature, just know you will likely lose it once you go to an aftermarket J arm.

Noisefighters X14 arm is great for a dovetail adaption and Noisefighters is truthful enough to tell you that the auto shutoff won't work with it.

At $100. it's a great option compared to spending $300-400. for an aftermarket J arm.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Also once you change out the standard military J arm, expect the auto shutoff function to stop working or get really wanky. Talk to 100+ people every year that bought one of the high dollar $400. aftermarket J arms and then are pissed cause the auto shutoff stops working.

Admittedly the auto shutoff feature on the 14s sucks and you should get into the habit of shutting it off manually before flipping up. But for the folks that like the feature, just know you will likely lose it once you go to an aftermarket J arm.

Noisefighters X14 arm is great for a dovetail adaption and Noisefighters is truthful enough to tell you that the auto shutoff won't work with it.

At $100. it's a great option compared to spending $300-400. for an aftermarket J arm.
    What aftermarket J arm costs $3-400?

Feedback Score
    I've talked to customers who claimed to have paid $300. or more for aftermarket J arms.

The convo usually goes like this after they figure out the aftermarket J arm cuts off their auto shutoff "so this #$$%ing thing I paid $300. for is actually messing up the auto shutoff?"

I don't inquire at that point exactly what they paid, most are pissed enough at that point.

The X14 arm is probably the best bang for the buck in an aftermarket J arm, and Noisefighters is truthful enough to tell people upfront to expect the auto shutoff to not work.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    I did get a chance to use a noisefighters j arm with my PVS14. I liked it and wasn’t aware about the auto shutoff issue as mine was still shutting off when I stowed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast