Thread: HSGI duty belt

Feedback Score

HSGI duty belt

I am wanting to try a HSGI duty grip belt sleeve and the duty belt is the cheapest option to get me a full setup.

I know that the 2" belt isn't ideal, but a ubl mid ride will fit it and any pouch can be secured down with a strip of one wrap velcro. I just cant justifying spending $80 bucks on one of their cobra buckle belts for something I am just trying out.

So has anyone ran one? Is the big plastic buckle a viable option?

Feedback Score
    I've been running that belt setup for years and it works great.
    What is the difference in price between the cobra and plastic buckle?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    per website

$24 for duty belt.

$81 for 1.75" cobra rigger belt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the Duty Grip Padded belt on a 1.75” cobra belt. Absolutely the best duty belt I’ve worn in 20 years. You won’t be disappointed.

Wilder Tactical has a decent kit too with the pad and some pouches:

https://wildertactical.com/belts/bel...-belt-kit-pad/

Feedback Score
    That's a considerable difference in price, but if you can swing the extra for the cobra buckle, I think you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There’s also the AWS LAB belt that you can buy with an inner belt for less than $70 shipped.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I run the HSGI cobra buckle in my battle belt set up as well as a daily belt for CCW.

The cobra buckle is super smooth to don and doff, especially in a bathroom stall, trying to hold my willie and keep my pistola from hitting the floor. No fumbling around with feeding the tail through a buckle and trying to tension the rig perfectly after completion, and definitely no velcro noise on opening the belt. I hear that from time to time in public bathrooms and it's a dead giveaway someone is wearing a rigger type belt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will say, I wore a selection of various duty belt with plastic buckles for 20 years and never had a probem with any of them. I went to a cobra buckle by happenstance and cool factor. I don’t consider it a necessity for cop work, YMMV. I wouldn’t hesitate to use a plastic buckle again, if the right belt suited what I needed. As a matter of fact, I have a $30 Condor MOLLE belt with a Velcro neoprene pad and plastic buckle as a special/backup/training rig, and I just can’t get the MFer to break. I got it just to prove a point about quality gear and it’s holding its own.