Thread: Anyone have experience with the PVS-30?

Feedback Score

Anyone have experience with the PVS-30?

I've been hunting predators and hogs with thermal scopes for the last year or two, and looking to potentially change things up. More and more, i'm liking the idea of thermal for scanning, and then using my normal scope and NV for the actual shot.

Does anyone have any experience with the PVS-30 clip on NV? Any shift in zero when using it? How far can you reasonably see and shoot (specs say man size target out to 1,000)? What's the image clarity like?

Any info would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine bought one earlier this year. I haven’t gotten to use it, but he expresses satisfaction with his purchase. I’m in the market as well, so I’m also standing by for info. I’ll add what I learn when I finally get some time behind his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It is my understanding that the PVS-30 is simply just the system, but much of the performance factor would depend on the tube you have inside of it. You would of course want to weigh the various features of the units themselves, compared to the PVS-27, PVS-24, etc., such as swichology, weight, etc., but the tubes you pic will also make a huge difference. In that respect, it is no different than trying to decide with normal head-mounted NODs, where the chassis will have some play in the decision to make, but the performance is largely independent of the chassis selected, but with the tubes themselves (though with CNVDs, I do believe that the tube choices tend to be a bit more limited).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    It is my understanding that the PVS-30 is simply just the system, but much of the performance factor would depend on the tube you have inside of it. You would of course want to weigh the various features of the units themselves, compared to the PVS-27, PVS-24, etc., such as swichology, weight, etc., but the tubes you pic will also make a huge difference. In that respect, it is no different than trying to decide with normal head-mounted NODs, where the chassis will have some play in the decision to make, but the performance is largely independent of the chassis selected, but with the tubes themselves (though with CNVDs, I do believe that the tube choices tend to be a bit more limited).
    Good info thank you. I'll make sure to do some research on the best tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    A friend of mine bought one earlier this year. I haven’t gotten to use it, but he expresses satisfaction with his purchase. I’m in the market as well, so I’m also standing by for info. I’ll add what I learn when I finally get some time behind his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    . Thanks, and i would love to hear about it, if you get some range time behind your friend's!

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Zero shift will need to be confirmed with your weapon. It was minimal on my sample size of 2.

Performance depends on the glass you're using. It works well up to 10x magnification and, depending on illumination, you can certainly make easy hits between 600-700m. Past that and it really depends on lighting conditions and benefits greatly from a full power illuminator from a PEQ or LA-5.

Image clarity depends on how high you push magnification. You won't be disappointed at 10x with any decent glass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Zero shift will need to be confirmed with your weapon. It was minimal on my sample size of 2.

Performance depends on the glass you're using. It works well up to 10x magnification and, depending on illumination, you can certainly make easy hits between 600-700m. Past that and it really depends on lighting conditions and benefits greatly from a full power illuminator from a PEQ or LA-5.

Image clarity depends on how high you push magnification. You won't be disappointed at 10x with any decent glass.
    Thank you! This is great info. Glass will definitely be high end, and good to know on the extra illumination. Appreciate the input

Feedback Score
    The Knights refurbs of the PVS30 offer the best value in a long distance clip on.

There is also the Knight Vision UNS-SR clip on

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Knigh...6499UNS-SR.htm

IMG_5009.jpg

For 500 yards and under this one is lighter and more compact than a PVS30.

IMG_5012.jpgIMG_5014.jpg
    Last edited by Lowdown3; 08-23-21 at 18:56.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com