Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's nice to see our Boys still using the old pump Shotguns for 'Security Operations'

Feedback Score

It's nice to see our Boys still using the old pump Shotguns for 'Security Operations'

Even in 2021, it still appears as if the good old Pump Shotgun is being utilized for active operations in the proverbial 'Hot Zone', which is Kabul International Airport. Well, I had intended to download the 2 photos of US Marines standing security bon the Airport's perimeter wall, both carrying what appear to be either Mossberg M590's or possibly Remington M870's. It's definitely one of them, but due to the photograph's resolution it's difficult to differentiate between the two. The 2 photos however appear to be too large to download, or at least thats what the I'm being told.

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    Marines got a bunch of 590s.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mossberg 590s in the house!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The pump shotgun is still useful for less lethal and breaching, because those loads don’t always cycle a semi.

I don’t know if they have less lethal or if it’s just the normal practice of the USMC issuing sub-standard equipment because that’s all they have.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I thought they'd adopted a new semi auto design at some point. What happened wit that? I recall there were Benelli's issued too.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    There are still numerous Pump Action Shotguns within the both the U.S. Military & Federal Government. And yes, the USMC officially adopted the Benelli M-1014, a few years ago, & based upon what few reports I have personally heard, they have performed as advertised. The older Pump Shotguns, although still may be used for lethal purposes, they are tailor made for Less Lethal purposes, with assorted Non Lethal types of ammunition. Whereas an Semi-Automatic Shotgun may, & certain varieties certainly will have malfunctions when utilizing Non-Lethal Shotshells, the Pump / Slide Action variety will not, & may be switched over at a moments notice to change between the 2 types of ammunition when required. And, based upon the numerous photographs we've seen coming from the Sand Box ever since 2003, quite a few of our Troops were observed carrying the good old Pump Shotgun, along with what appears to be one of the multi pocket Shot Shell Ammunition Vest, probably holding a full 25 rd Box or even more. Briefly, one quick observation I made was that in many G.I. with Shotgun photos, although primarily of Marines / USN Corpsman, but also of Army & USAF Personnel were loaded up with Bright Red, probably Winchester production .12 Gauge Ammunition. So therefore, they were at times, apparently procuring supplemental supplies of Shotgun Loads to keep our Troops supplied.

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    Given the situation the marines in the photo are in, an M4 would be my choice, 30 rds of 5.56 vs 8 or 8+1 rds of OO buck.

Feedback Score
    I see a couple hulls laying around in the pic, but dude is prairie dogging up there in a "shoot me first" position so I am thinking he ain't too nervous at that moment. One A4 leaned against the wall...
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Given the situation the marines in the photo are in, an M4 would be my choice, 30 rds of 5.56 vs 8 or 8+1 rds of OO buck.
    I agree. He can have the pump shotgun close by for whatever reason, but the M4 should be his primary weapon.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    But everyone knows when you rack a shotgun that sound makes the badguys run away.

I suspect he using the 12ga for non-lethal, the shells on the ground tells me he has used it at least a couple of times. If shit really cracks off he'd bail off his perch and grab his M4 which is probably below the wall and out of sight in the photo.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast