Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VP9 Longslide in the stable

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

VP9 Longslide in the stable

I just picked a VP9L and dropped a Holoson RMR Knock off on it. Going to run it side by side with my VP9 with RMR. Going to give feedback on both gun and optic. Pretty excited to see how it feels and how accurate it is. It has the rubber ring on barrel.

The trigger on the long slide breaks at 4.9lbs. I put an HK parts Duty spring in my regular VP9 and it breaks at 3.15 if my memory serves me.

Range Report to follow.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-21-21 at 19:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    By knockoff, do you mean an Amazon special?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

"Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Jealous of the long slide. IME the Holosuns are quite good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Jealous of the long slide. IME the Holosuns are quite good.
    I ran one hard for a couple of years, then it took a shit and they offered to replace it or upgrade if I wanted. So I skeptically asked how much to upgrade to the newer and greater expecting to hear $150 bucks or so since I bought this one for $232 and they new ones are upper 4's. Nope $70, I jumped all over it.

Window and dot look great to me so far.

PB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sample size of one, but the one I have seems laser beam accurate and I've had no issues with reliability. I really wish HK would release a version of the VP9 Tactical with the O-Ring barrel like the MK23 and USP Tactical. Not sure why they omitted the O-Ring on the VP9 Tactical.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, it's pretty cool to have the o'ring. And made in Germany never sux.

We shot the two guns today and the long slide was much softer shooting, more so than I anticipated. I didn't really notice any difference between the RMR and the Holosun. We didn't really try to see how accurate it was, it was 12 thousand degrees in AZ so that is for another day. We got it zeroed so that was good.

My only gripe is that it is so easy to ride the slide release and not get lock back. I know its a training issue but its far too easy IMHO. YMMV
    Still dig the gun.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-22-21 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I know it’s the VP9, but I just got the PPQ - Q5 Match conversion. looking forward to trying it out.

With the PPQ, I actually thought I had some bad magazines until I realized that the only way I could avoid riding the slide lock was to adjust my primary hand’s thumb to lock down on the base of my support thumb. It was an adjustment, but magically all my mags are fine now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I know it’s the VP9, but I just got the PPQ - Q5 Match conversion. looking forward to trying it out.

With the PPQ, I actually thought I had some bad magazines until I realized that the only way I could avoid riding the slide lock was to adjust my primary hand’s thumb to lock down on the base of my support thumb. It was an adjustment, but magically all my mags are fine now.
    I have shot that PPQ, it is pretty darn nice. The trigger is unique in its break, but very nice and easy to get used to I would imagine. Its a good gun.

PB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awwww man PB, Im jealous of your VP9 collection.

I got my own VP9L OR at the beginning of the year and just passed 1k through it. I am amazed at how much i fell in love with shooting this gun. I have years behind my G19.3 and its fully decked out with stipple job, sights, trigger BS, what have you; and flat out, no matter how much money you put into a glock, it will never be as nice as a VP9. I thought I would end up regretting my VP9L purchase because "a glock is just as good" but that wasn't the case at all. In fact I haven't one shot my glock except to test reloads. In my testing the HK was able to light off small rifle magnum primers reliably where as the glock was 50%. Also with he HK I no longer get brass to face, which is nice.

I have been thinking about the trigger spring kits from HKpart.net, how do you like yours? Does it retain the crisp break? I'm also thinking about getting trijicon XDR or whatever they are called.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast