Thread: Fingerprint error, maybe?

Feedback Score

Fingerprint error, maybe?

I did my fingerprinting for a can at a SS kiosk recently. When I was doing it I got a bit confused about which finger they were asking me to roll. I think I did it right, but later I had some doubts in my mind. If it's wrong is just one print where I might have rolled the wrong finger and everything else will be correct. I've submitted fingerprints to FBI for background checks before so for sure they have a correct set to compare with and match.

Should I get new prints done and send them in? Not worry? Call Silencer Shop? There was no way to do over in the kiosk to be sure.

I'm worried this process takes so long any issue might not surface for eight months and cause a huge delay.

Feedback Score
    Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I've never heard of a fingerprint card being rejected for the quality of the prints. If you use the wrong card or put incorrect information on it, then yes, but that's not what happened here. You're probably overthinking it and did it right anyway.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have seen stamps approved with some very shoddy prints attached. I wouldn't worry about it

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Applicant fingerprint cards are destroyed. Only arrest cards (and likely a limited selection of other reasons a person may be printed) are retained "in the system." Your applicant prints are checked against the database for matches.