Thread: PPU 5.56 62gr. FMJ BT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PPU 5.56 62gr. FMJ BT

So I just bought some of this ammo, the price was OK so it's my once per month purchase. I've been looking for reviews of this vs. the usual 55gr. fodder I normally use. Is this good stuff? Should I expect some change in impact vs. a 55gr. bullet?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    So I just bought some of this ammo, the price was OK so it's my once per month purchase. I've been looking for reviews of this vs. the usual 55gr. fodder I normally use. Is this good stuff? Should I expect some change in impact vs. a 55gr. bullet?
    Ball is ball, in my mind. It should shoot better than M855 run with bulk 55 gr ammo. This is based on my experience with Fiocci 62 gr fmj. Its not match ammo, obviously.

I do not remember ever having 55 gr and 62 gr ammo shoot to the same POI.

Andy

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Where’d you find that? My KAC shoots 62gr FMJs really well.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I opened it up yesterday and they are painted/colored green on the tip. So I guess they are AP ? They are not listed as such and I have not had a chance to try them at any significant distance.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    So I opened it up yesterday and they are painted/colored green on the tip. So I guess they are AP ? They are not listed as such and I have not had a chance to try them at any significant distance.
    Then they’re M855. Are they labeled as such?
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not AP. They are penetrator. Seems like semantics but it has legal meanings.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Cut one. If it's pretty hard to cut there's steel in there. If using a power tool you'll see sparks from the core. 🥽

Dont cut into the case or you might see lots of sparks. 🤡

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Cut one. If it's pretty hard to cut there's steel in there. If using a power tool you'll see sparks from the core. ��

Dont cut into the case or you might see lots of sparks. ��
    Lol better than using a magnet.

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Lol better than using a magnet.
    Magnet?! Sure, if you believe in "magnetism", can even find one, and if you want to do it the easy way with zero risk of injury. 🙄

😄
    Actually, one issue with a magnet is you can't be sure that if there is a steel, it's in the jacket or the core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFzR_FOTq2I
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-29-21 at 13:47.