Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VORTEX: Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6 v. Razor HD Gen III 1-10

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

VORTEX: Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6 v. Razor HD Gen III 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve said it but the lume and eyebox on the 1-10 is just as good as on the 1-6, as long as you set the diopter correctly, which is more picky than on the 1-6. The only reason not to get the 1-10 is price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or because you don’t need it.
    I use magnification above 3-4x for multigun inside 400.
    Except maybe for sighting in.

In fact, I ran a 1-4 Accupoint for a short while after ditching the magnifier idea.
    Last edited by dan1612; 08-27-21 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    If all you do is gaming, sure, you can game the game and know what you’re going to shoot. I live in an area that has several miles of visibility on a normal day though and just completed a couple weeks of special reconnaissance training with many more miles of training area. 4x optics were terribly inadequate in PID and while unlikely for a civilian in CONUS, if you do have the financial ability, seems prudent to prepare for the unexpected.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That doesn’t even mention the benefits of FFP over SFP and how much more usable the reticle is on the 1-10.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ^ Thats fair.
    As always, mission drives the gear.

Feedback Score
    I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve said it but the lume and eyebox on the 1-10 is just as good as on the 1-6, as long as you set the diopter correctly, which is more picky than on the 1-6. The only reason not to get the 1-10 is price.

So with a properly adjusted diopter, you are basically saying that the 1x on the Gen3 is just just as fast/clear/useable/etc. as the 1x is on the Gen2?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    So with a properly adjusted diopter, you are basically saying that the 1x on the Gen3 is just just as fast/clear/useable/etc. as the 1x is on the Gen2?
    That was absolutely my experience. It doesn’t feel like the same scope but 100% just as usable IMO. I too prioritized 1x performance.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That was absolutely my experience. It doesn’t feel like the same scope but 100% just as usable IMO. I too prioritized 1x performance.

I will agree. The reticle being a little different is really the only thing that makes it 100% the same. Having the full crosshairs on the 1-6 brings the eye right to the center.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Thank you, gentlemen.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Some other points I’d forgotten - the throw lever is not only included on the 1-10 ($50-60 extra on top of 1-6 price), it’s far easier to spin so it’s more useable. And, all other things being equal (honestly not sure that they are but I assume so), the 34mm tube will allow better light transmission so increased performance in low light.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Some other points I’d forgotten - the throw lever is not only included on the 1-10 ($50-60 extra on top of 1-6 price), it’s far easier to spin so it’s more useable. And, all other things being equal (honestly not sure that they are but I assume so), the 34mm tube will allow better light transmission so increased performance in low light.

Tube diameter has virtually nothing to due with light transmission.

https://www.bushnell.com/through-the...in-optics.html

I'm anxiously awaiting my own Gen III Razor to go atop a Colt 901 for many of the points you listed above. Namely, the usability at 1x and the reticle subtensions remaining consistent across the higher magnification range.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast