Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Jarhead - FNG with a question about slings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not saying this is the only option, but I will say that it is a dirt cheap option which should serve you pretty well.

Black or FDE for $4.99

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939421353

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm not saying this is the only option, but I will say that it is a dirt cheap option which should serve you pretty well.

Black or FDE for $4.99

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939421353

Now that's pretty cool. Simple, functional, stocking-stuffer price range. But is it battle-tested?
    Last edited by bamashooter; 08-28-21 at 07:13.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Battle tested? I am surprised no one mentioned the M1/M14 web sling.

http://www.illinoishighpower.org/gen...SR%20Sling.pdf

Easy to find surplus in OD or Khaki, or reproductions in those two colors plus black. Word on the street is that the cotton web sling is less slippery than the nylon sling, although the nylon will probably last forever.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Easy to find surplus in OD or Khaki, or reproductions in those two colors plus black. Word on the street is that the cotton web sling is less slippery than the nylon sling, although the nylon will probably last forever.

Andy
    I agree with the information in the link. A cotton web sling is good to go for general use. A leather sling (what I prefer) is good for matches, but not as handy as a web sling for general use.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    Definitely less slippery. Have several CMP-type with my fsb guns. USA made though days ago I pulled the metal end off one without a bunch of effort.

Feedback Score
    For general "farting around" duty an old school milspec sling will serve you just fine. Use it like yer PMI taught ya if you want to "play like in the day". If you want to try something else: Blue Force, VTAC, and Proctor slings are good reasonably priced options.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    For general "farting around" duty an old school milspec sling will serve you just fine. Use it like yer PMI taught ya if you want to "play like in the day". If you want to try something else: Blue Force, VTAC, and Proctor slings are good reasonably priced options.
    I have a blue force, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it as a shooting aid. It seems to be only for carrying the rifle.

Thinking about putting a web sling on as well.
    Last edited by Martin248; 09-01-21 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post
    I have a blue force, I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it as a shooting aid. It seems to be only for carrying the rifle.

Thinking about putting a web so sling on as well.
    In what way? Basic configuration loose / tight or as a precision stabilizer or .........? Reckon I don't get out enough. What's a "web so sling"?
    Last edited by bamashooter; 09-01-21 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    A typo
    I just meant a web sling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin248 View Post

Thinking about putting a web sling on as well.
    I set mine so it works for patrolling, but so I can still wrap my arm for increased rigidity.

Then again, the day I turned 5 my father had me out on a military range drilling this stuff into me, so I take some things for granted.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast